- Looped path
- Off street bike / pedestrian path
- Performance space
- Picnic tables
- Play area
- Sand play
- Sports / Play field - informal
- Water spigot
With funding from the 2018 Parks and Recreation Bond and Levy, Tugman Park playground received a major renovation in 2019. Fun new features include:
- All new playground equipment including two play structures
- A type of swing for both caregivers and kids to share
- Climbing rocks and mushrooms
- Track rides, fun spinners and spring riders
- A brand new sand play area
Tugman Park is one of Eugene’s largest neighborhood parks. Located on the west side of Hilyard Street from 36th to 38th Avenue, the first parcel of the park was purchased in 1939. Originally known as South Amazon Park, it was renamed in honor of William M. Tugman, editor of the Register Guard from 1927-1954.
The southern portion of the park is the site of a former municipal burning dump. It was in use from around 1925 to the summer of 1951. Remediation of the landfill happened in the mid-1990s under direction from the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality.
In 2002 a relatively high-quality natural area formerly named “Fawn Lily Rise” was added to the northwest corner of the park.
- 20.6 acres
- South region
- Southeast Neighbors
Help activate the power of parks by getting involved with our Eugene Outdoors volunteer program. Learn new skills, meet great people, and improve the quality of life in Eugene by helping to care for our parks and open spaces.