How do I report a dead animal in the street?

The City will pick up dead animals in the City right-of-way (basically city streets, the area between the sidewalk and the curb, parks and bike paths). If the dead animal is located on private property the property owner is responsible for disposal. There are several businesses in the Eugene/Springfield area offering animal removal services.

Lane County Transfer will also accept dead animals for disposal. Some restrictions and requirements apply. Please contact Lane County Transfer at 541-682-4120 for information.

To request a dead animal be picked up, submit a request for service or call Public Works Maintenance at 541-682-4800 or email PWM.

Show All Answers

1. View Public Works Maintenance FAQs
2. How do I report a dead animal in the street?
3. How do I report a broken or missing Traffic sign (not a street name sign)?
4. How can I get a street light replaced?
5. How do I report a pothole that needs to be filled?
6. Garbage or Debris in City Right-of-Way
7. Call before you dig… 811
8. Yellow Curb Request
9. How do I report a street name sign is missing?
10. Street Tree Maintenance
11. Vegetation Obstructions
12. What is the Right-of-Way?