How should I dispose of household hazardous waste?

For the majority of household hazardous waste, Lane County Waste Management accepts hazardous waste from residents free of charge by appointment only, every Thursday morning and two Saturdays a month. Call 541-682-3111 to schedule an appointment. For batteries and florescent bulbs and lamps, check with your favorite hardware retailer. Many of them have take-back programs available.

Show All Answers

1. How do I recycle electronics (computers, monitors, TVs, etc.)?
2. What should I do to dispose of extra paint?
3. Are paper coffee cups recyclable?
4. How should I dispose of household hazardous waste?
5. How can I get rid of an old vehicle?
6. Does the city offer event recycling?
7. Where can I find more detailed information about recycling and waste prevention?
8. Can I continue taking the plastic bags that aren't allowed in my curbside commingled recycling bin to my grocery store?