Members of the civilian review board shall be volunteers appointed by the city council, who immediately prior to appointment shall be:
- A resident of the city;
- Of the age of 18 years or older; and
- Able to pass a background investigation consistent with investigations conducted for other city volunteers who have similar access to police records and/or facilities.
The following characteristics shall be considered by the city council when appointing members to the
civilian review board:
- A demonstrated ability to be fair, impartial and unbiased;
- An absence of any real or perceived bias, prejudice or conflict of interest;
- A record of community involvement;
- An ability to build working relationships and communicate effectively with diverse groups; and
- A demonstrated commitment to the purpose of sections 2.240 through 2.246 and 2.450 through 2.456.