Breakfast at the Bike Bridges is designed for path users and commuters to grab a FREE bite to eat and cup of coffee, meet City of Eugene Transportation staff, learn more about transportation in Eugene, and get a FREE bike safety check all at the same time.
This summer’s first Breakfast at the Bridges coincides with May the 4th – Star Wars Day! Wear your best Star Wars outfit and a prize will be given for best costume. Arriving by Bike will be offering FREE bike safety checks, Cascadia Mobility will share tips on PeaceHealth Rides Bike Share and Superpedestrian Scooter Share, Bike Index can register your bike, and Eugene Police Department will provide bike safety tips.
When: Thursday May 4, 2023, 7 – 9:30 a.m.
Where: DeFazio Bike Bridge
This signature summer event series celebrates the outdoors and encourages active transportation – especially walking and bicycling – to meet larger City goals, including healthy living, sustainability and a vibrant business community. Breakfast at the Bridges features local advocacy organizations and local businesses that actively work toward these City goals.
This Year’s Sponsors: Nancy’s Yogurt, Palace Coffee | Bakery, Toby's Family Foods, Bagel Sphere, and City of Eugene.
2023 Breakfast at the Bike Bridges Schedule
- May 4 – DeFazio Bridge (Star Wars)
- May 19 - Blue Heron/Fern Ridge path – by Cesar Chavez (Safe Routes to School) & Bike to Work Day
- June 30 – Greenway/Maurie Jacobs Park Bridge (Path Etiquette for Summer)
- July 28 – Amazon Path - Amazon & 24th Lighting - (Infrastructure Improvements in the Area)
- Aug 25 – Buck Street Bridge (Infrastructure Improvements in the Area)
- Sept 28 – Autzen (Frohnmayer) Bridge - (Back to School)