Funding of up to $5,000 will be awarded per project for programming in Eugene’s downtown core
The City of Eugene’s Cultural Services division is excited to announce 12 new recipients of the Downtown Program Fund grant for 2023.
The Downtown Program Fund seeks to activate downtown Eugene by transforming public spaces into destinations for arts and culture. The fund also supports individuals and organizations that work with themes of identity and belonging to nurture a sense of pride and welcoming in our community. Up to $5,000 per project will be given to the awardees to produce their own quality programming.
The following artists and organizations were awarded the Downtown Program Fund for 2023:
- Chetco Creative: Kalapuya County Youth Connection
- Eugene Juneteenth Celebration Youth Committee and Xcape Dance Company: BIPOC Young Entrepreneurs and Artists Festival
- Out At Night: An Evening of LGBTQ+ Comedy
- Lane County Farmers Market: Night Markets
- Asian American Council of Oregon: Asian Night Market
- Lane Arts Council: Summer First Friday ArtWalks Showcasing Black and African American Artists and Cultural Producers
- Eugene Tea Festival
- Kutsinhira Cultural Arts Center: The Rhythms and Sounds of Zimbabwe
- Colibrí Ballet Folklorico: Social Change through Dance
- The Arc Lane County: Neurodiversity Festival
- Track Town Swing Foundation: The Throwdown Outdoor Jazz Concert, Swing Dance and Competition
- ArtCity: BEAM 2023
Dozens of applicants were reviewed this year with consideration for their programming quality, capacity, long term impacts and equity, inclusion and diversity. The proposed programs must take place between April 1 and Oct. 31 in publicly accessible outdoor spaces located within Eugene’s downtown core.
Cultural Services provides year-around programming to promote public art and cultural events throughout Eugene. The team utilizes responsible and catalytic leadership to support the public’s vision for a thriving arts and cultural sector that contributes to the community’s social and economic well-being.