- In response to temperatures predicted to fall below freezing Tuesday night (Dec. 22), Egan Warming Center will activate the following locations that will operate under strict COVID-19 protocols. The Warming Center is on standby for Wednesday night (Dec. 23).
- Eugene: Temple Beth Israel, 1175 E 29th Ave. in South Eugene. Site opens at 6:30 p.m. Accessible site.Pets welcome.
- Springfield: St John the Divine Episcopal Church, 2537 Game Farm Road in the Gateway Area. Site opens at 6:30 p.m. Accessible site. Pets welcome.
- Youth Site at First United Methodist Church, 1376 Olive St. in Eugene. Site opens at 6 p.m. Accessible site. Pets welcome.
*Please note that Egan will not be using the Lane County Fairgrounds this week.
Message from Egan Warming Center
(As of 12/22/20 in the morning) We will be calling Wednesday night at 6 p.m. Tuesday evening. We will be looking at our volunteer schedules again and deciding whether we feel confident in the safety of our sites and this will contribute to the call we make. If our schedules are not close to full, we will not be able to confirm an activation. So, as before, we are asking everyone to sign up by 6 p.m. today, 24 hours before the start of the activation. At this point, we have some large holes on Wednesday night/Thursday morning that would prevent us from opening:
Eugene (Temple Beth Israel):
- Evening Shift, especially Safeties.
- Both Overnight Crews, particularly the 2-5:30am one.
- Morning Crews, all spots.
Springfield (St John the Divine Episcopal)
- Pretty much every spot needs more help. We would love the opportunity to open!
Youth (First United Methodist)
- A couple more people on Morning Crew.
Otherwise looks great! Thanks Youth Site Crew!
New volunteer orientation and training is required to join the Egan Volunteer Family. The following scheduled trainings will be virtual Zoom trainings. There is no registration for these trainings, but please email email@example.com for the Zoom links.
- Tuesday, January 5, 7-8:30 p.m.
- Thursday, January 7, 6-7:30 p.m.
More trainings will be added during the winter season.