Are you a City of Eugene youth interested in:
- Having your voice heard in city government?
- Learning more about the Eugene community?
- Making an impact on youth in Eugene?
- Developing leadership skills?
Apply for the First-ever Mayor’s Youth Advisory Board!
The Mayor’s Youth Advisory Board is a new group of 15-20 high school age youth enrolled in grades 9-12 (or equivalent) who commit to improving their community and developing as leaders. Members will:
- Advise City government on issues impacting youth and other policies the City is considering
- Assist with defining the role of this new body
- May interact with other City of Eugene Boards and Commissions
- May address youth needs through community projects and initiatives
Download the application and submit by Friday, Nov. 13.
- City of Eugene resident, high school age. Students who attend a Eugene high school but do not live in the city limits may also apply, with preference given to City of Eugene residents.
- Willing to work and be open to learning; desire to make a positive difference for youth in Eugene and for the community as a whole.
- Previous leadership experience is not required.
- Monthly meetings of approximately 2 hours (likely virtual for now) that will be scheduled through an online poll. Able to commit to a 1.5-year term (through June 2022), however current Seniors could serve until June 2021 and are invited to apply. Applicants our encouraged to contact staff if you see barriers to your participation so we can work to resolve these.
- Submit the application, including a recommendation from an adult, to Jason Dedrick via email.
- Applications will be reviewed by City of Eugene staff.
- Applicants may be invited to a virtual or phone interview.
- Members will be selected based on their potential to positively contribute to the Advisory Board’s work and their capacity to represent the diversity of Eugene’s youth community.
The application deadline is Friday, Nov. 13.
Email Jason Dedrick in the City of Eugene City Manager’s Office, or call 541-628-5033.