Uptick in Stolen Motorcycles – Please Secure Your Rides!
We hate when someone gets their ride taken. There have been eight stolen motorcycles reported in this region since April 29, 2020. All were taken overnight, a few from the backyards or driveways that were in plain view of anyone driving or walking by.
Motorcycles and scooters are many people’s primary transportation and a theft can be expensive and make life difficult. Please take extra care securing your motorcycles. Here are some potential ways you can make your ride less likely to be stolen:
- Make sure your motorcycle is insured for theft, not just collision
- Keep your motorcycle locked in a garage
- If you don’t keep your motorcycle locked in a garage, there are various locks on the market for securing trailer hitches, trailer wheels, and to secure bikes to trailers
- If you have an enclosed trailer, get some sturdy locks for the doors and lock the bikes down to the floor inside
- Consider an alarm/lock for the motorcycle itself, many are made that pair and alarm and double as locks
- Put an alarm on your enclosed trailer
- Park the trailer or motorcycle away from view from the street