On Monday, June 18, 2018, at 7:30 p.m. the Eugene City Council will hold public hearings and take action on the FY19 Budget as previously recommended by the Budget Committee. Members of the public are encouraged to provide their feedback on the FY19 Budget.
The meeting will be in Harris Hall, Lane County Public Service Building, 125 East 8th Avenue. You can view the Agenda Item Summary for the City of Eugene FY19 Recommended Budget at https://www.eugene-or.gov/DocumentCenter/View/41048 and the Urban Renewal Agency FY19 Recommended Budget at https://www.eugene-or.gov/DocumentCenter/View/41049.
The Proposed Budget was reviewed and deliberated on by the Eugene Budget Committee during four meetings in May, which included public input. On May 30, the Budget Committee voted to recommend that the City Council adopt the FY19 Proposed Budget with the following additions:
- $500,000 in one-time funding for Community Justice initiatives, including support for the 911 Communications Center.
- $100,000 in one-time funding to extend the downtown operations program through spring 2019.
- $75,000 in one-time funding for downtown guides and/or security.
- $60,000 in one-time funding to support the expanded car camping program.
- $200,823 in one-time funding for Dusk to Dawn program operations, including the addition of a housing navigator to assist participants with accessing permanent housing.
The full text of the Budget Committee motions is available to view at https://www.eugene-or.gov/DocumentCenter/View/40801.
At the same meeting the City Council is also scheduled to hold public hearings and take action on the current fiscal year (FY18) Third Supplemental Budget. View the Agenda Item Summary for the City of Eugene FY18 Third Supplemental Budget at https://www.eugene-or.gov/DocumentCenter/View/41047.
Visit https://www.eugene-or.gov/524/Public-Participation to learn more about how to provide written or public testimony to City Council.