EPD Night watch officers have been busy lately, and not just with record numbers of calls from the public. (See attached).
Between 5 p.m. on Thursday, February 23rd, and 5 am on February 26, 2017, EPD officers arrested 16 people for Driving Under the Influence of Intoxicants.
- 50% of those arrested for DUII were between the ages of 21 and 24.
- 50% of those arrested for DUII were between the ages of 29 and 60
- The average age of those arrested is 29.
- Nearly two thirds were men (11)
- 25% of those arrested were solely suspected of under the influence of something other than Alcohol
- The average BAC of those tested was .16, or twice the legal limit.
- One DUII driver was arrested for DUII Felony based on prior convictions.
Included in this post as a photo are statistics for DUII Arrests from 2014-2017 (a Thursday night through Sunday morning within the same month/day timeframe, for each year).
Whoever you are, or however you can relate to the above statistics, please designate a driver or make a plan before you consume alcohol or other substances. Though our numbers indicate that young adults represent half of who were arrested this weekend, DUII is a problem that affects all ages and crosses most demographic lines.
If you’re drinking, call a friend. Call a Taxicab. Ride the Bus. Stay home. Whatever it takes, please help us keep our community safe from impaired drivers.