During the high temperatures this week, community members are invited to cool off at the City of Eugene’s libraries, community centers, swimming pools, and parks.
All three Eugene Public Library locations are air-conditioned and free of charge. Hours and locations:
- The Downtown Library, 100 West 10th Ave., is open Monday through Thursday 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.; Friday and Saturday 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. (and open until 8 p.m. on the first Friday of each month); Sunday 1 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- The Bethel Branch Library, 1990 Echo Hollow Rd., and Sheldon Branch Library, 1566 Coburg Rd., are open Tuesday 2 p.m. – 8 p.m.; Wednesday and Thursday 2 p.m. – 6 p.m.; Friday and Saturday 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.; closed Sunday and Monday.
The City’s five community centers are air-conditioned and free of charge. Hours and locations:
- Amazon Center, 2700 Hilyard St., and Petersen Barn Center, 870 Berntzen Rd.: Monday through Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Campbell Center, 155 High St.: Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Hilyard Center, 2580 Hilyard St.: Monday through Friday 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- River House Outdoor Program, 301 N. Adams St.: Monday through Friday 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
City of Eugene Recreation swimming pools offer great relief from the heat. Recreational swim times and locations:
- Amazon Pool, 2600 Hilyard St.: Monday through Sunday 2 p.m. - 5 p.m.; Monday through Wednesday 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Echo Hollow Pool, 1655 Echo Hollow Rd.: Monday through Friday 1:15 p.m. - 3:45 p.m. and 7 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.; Sunday 1:15 p.m. - 3 p.m.
- Sheldon Pool, 2443 Willakenzie Rd.: Monday through Friday 1:30 p.m. - 4 p.m.; Monday through Wednesday 7:35 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.; Friday 7:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.; Saturday 12 p.m. - 2 p.m.
For more information on pool schedules and fees, visit www.eugene-or.gov/aquatics
Water and sand play areas in City parks are also good places to cool off. Water play areas are located in these parks: Fairmount, Oakmont, Skinner Butte, and Washington.
These parks have both water and sand play areas: Bethel Community, Creekside, Filbert Meadows Park, Frank Kinney, Friendly, Gilham, Milton, Trainsong, Willakenzie.