As temperatures rise, the City of Eugene invites individuals to cool off in air conditioned libraries, community centers, swimming pools, and parks.
City of Eugene Recreation pools offer great relief from the heat. The pool locations, hours of rec swims, and phone numbers are as follows:
- Amazon Pool, 2600 Hilyard St., M-Su: 2-5p.m.; MW 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Echo Hollow Pool, 1655 Echo Hollow Rd.,M-F:1:10-3:40 p.m.;7-8:30 p.m. M-F; Su: 1:15-3 p.m.
- Sheldon Pool, 2443 Willakenzie Dr., M-F:1:40-3:40 p.m.; MW 7:35-8:30 p.m.; F:7:30-8:30 p.m.; Sa: Noon-2 p.m.
For more information on pool schedules and fees, visit www.eugene-or.gov/aquatics or call (541) 682-5525.
- The Downtown Library, 100 West 10th Ave., is open 10 a.m. – 8 p.m., M-Th, and 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. F-Su. Open late on Friday, July 3, 10 a.m. – 8 p.m
- The Bethel Branch Library, 1990 Echo Hollow Rd., and Sheldon Branch Library, 1566 Coburg Rd., are open 2 p.m – 8 p.m. Tues, 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. W & Th, and 10 a.m.-6 p.m. F & Sa; closed Sundays.
The City operates five community centers that are air-conditioned. The hours of operation and locations of those centers are:
- Amazon Center, 2700 Hilyard St., 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., M-F
- Campbell Center, 155 High St. 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., M-F
- Hilyard Center, 2580 Hilyard St., 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., M-F
- Petersen Barn Center, 870 Berntzen Rd., 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., M-F
- River House Center, 301 N. Adams St., Noon – 4 p.m., M-F
Spray play areas in City parks are a cooling resource, as well. Spray play areas are located in the following parks:
- Skinner Butte RiverPlay Playground