This Saturday, non-profit Bethel Education Foundation (BEF) will sell bags of Love Food Not Waste (LFNW) compost as well as assorted Mother’s Day gifts as part of a larger community fundraiser and outreach effort to support Bethel students. The event will take place at four locations on Saturday, May 9 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Locations include: Shasta Middle School, Fairfield Elementary School, Irving Elementary School, and Kalapuya High School. Bags of compost, donated by the City of Eugene and Rexius Forest By-Products, can be pre-ordered online or purchased the day of the event from participating school locations ($5 per bag or five bags for $20).
In addition to the compost sale, BEF will host a FREE Student Sustainability Fair. The Fair will be held at the Shasta Middle School location (4656 Barger Drive) from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. This site will include:
• Healthy cooking demos from FOOD for Lane County
• Seed creatures with Willamette Farm and Food Coalition’s Farm to School Program
• Seed balls with School Garden Project
• Homemade beehives with Partners for Sustainable Schools
• Great Raffle Prizes
• Mother’s Day gifts and plants for sale
• And more!
For more information, please contact Waste Prevention and Green Building Analyst Stephanie Scafa, 541-682-5652 or firstname.lastname@example.org.