The City of Eugene’s Cultural Services and Eugene Film Society present, with the support of Red Wagon Creamery, Eugene Weekly, KLCC, DEI and the Downtown Eugene Merchants, invite you to celebrate All Hallows’ Eve in revitalized downtown Eugene.
There will be storefront trick-or-treating, a “Haunted House” art exhibit, horror film programming at the Bijou Cinemas, seasonal beer tasting provided by Sam Bond's Brewing and Plank Town Brewing Company, happy hour specials at Belly, Party Downtown and The Barn Light, and live music performances on Kesey Square.
Mark your calendar for these events at ALL HALLOWS’ EUGENE!
Before Halloween: Pumpkin Carving October 27-30
• 3-5 p.m. Red Wagon Creamery hosts demos led by artists from The Watershed Arts Foundation. The first 100 youth get free pumpkins from local farms to carve, and everyone learns the history of pumpkin carving and gets 50 cents off a Red Wagon ice cream treat.
Halloween, October 31
Especially for Kids
• 3-6 p.m.: Trick or treat in Downtown Eugene – locations will be marked with orange and black balloons
• 5 p.m.: Scary Storytime at the Eugene Public Library Downtown
• 5:30 p.m.: Masquerade of Munchkins starts at the Eugene Public Library
Route: Noisette, Red Wagon, Voodoo Doughnuts, and ending at Kesey Square at 6 p.m.
Just for Adults
• 4-6 p.m.: Beer tasting in the lobby of the Broadway Commerce Center (Broadway & Willamette St.), with beverages from Plank Town, Sam Bond’s and The Barn Light
• 4-7 p.m.: Halloween Happy Hour at The Barn Light, Belly and Party Downtown
• 7 p.m.-2 a.m.: White Mystery And Guests and a DJ play out the night at The Barn Light
At Kesey Square and In The Broadway Commerce Building (Broadway & Willamette St.)
• 5:15 p.m.: Local music favorites Mood Area 52 take on the shivery score of “Nosferatu”
• 6 p.m.: Jack-o-Lantern Lighting and Contest – Downtown Eugene Merchants will award a prize to the best jack-o-lantern, and the winner gets a Red Wagon ice cream party at their school or after-school program
• 5:45-10 p.m.: DJ Dance party with DJ Food Stamp around the lighted jack-o-lantern display
• 7-10 p.m.: Scare yourself in the lobby of the Broadway Commerce Building with the Haunted House art exhibit by local artists Terry Holloway (of The Fuzzy Beuys), Milla Oliveira and Nicholas Siegrist who collaborated to produce a fine art Halloween, incorporating light and audio demonstrations, illustrations, wood carvings and live performance
Movies to Thrill You
• 8 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. Screenings: See the original films produced by local filmmakers at the 72-hour Horror Film Competition. The Eugene Film Society has challenged local filmmakers to produce a two-to-three-minute horror film incorporating a mandated line of dialogue and props; Submissions will be screened at the Bijou Art Cinemas, and the film selected Audience Award Winner will receive a $1,000 investment to produce a 15-minute horror film
• 6:30 and 9:15 p.m.: Watch “The Exorcist” at the Bijou Metro
• 7:30 p.m.: See (and hear) “Nosferatu” as Mood Area 52 plays the score live at the Bijou Arts Cinemas
• 10 p.m.: Enjoy the evening in the most traditional of ways at the Bijou Arts Cinemas, in costume, with “The Rocky Horror Picture Show”
We hope you'll join us for ALL HALLOWS' EUGENE: a downtown Halloween event!