Summer can be fun for everyone at the City of Eugene’s free, drop-in playground program, Fun For All. The program is offered in eight neighborhood parks, beginning at 10 a.m. Monday-Friday, July 2 through Aug. 24.
Fun For All offers dozens of free recreational programs, events and fun for children and youth ages 7 and up (under 7 years if accompanied by someone at least 15 years old). The program draws some 18,000 participants each summer.
This year, the Fun For All theme is Metamorphosis. As the community celebrates the City of Eugene’s 150th birthday Fun For All will examine what we were, what we are and what we could become. The regular activities include crafts with the Roving Artist, games, and other fun things to do.
All of the sites except one operate until 5 p.m. each day; FFA at the eighth site, Churchill Youth Sports Park, operates until 4 p.m. daily. At seven of the sites, the program includes a free lunch every day provided by Food For Lane County, the remaining site offers a small snack.
For a complete list of Fun For All events and activities, check out the online Fun For All resource guide at www.eugene-or.gov/funforall. For information about Fun For All, call 541-682-5521.
Fun For All is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the following locations:
• Churchill Youth Sports Park*, on Bailey Hill Rd., next to Churchill High School
• Monroe Park*, 8th Ave. and Monroe
• Petersen Barn Park*, 870 Berntzen Rd.
• Sladden Park*, N. Adams and Cheshire
• State Street Park*, Dakota and Burnett Streets
• Trainsong Park*, Edison St., off Bethel Dr.
• University Park, E.24th Ave. and University St.
• Washington Park*, 2025 Washington St.
*Indicates Summer Food Program sites.