You can pick up the fun where summer leaves off with the 2014 Fall Eugene Recreation Guide, now available. The 88-page Recreation Guide lists hundreds of activities from September 1 through December 31, for children as young as 2 ½ years to adults of any age.
In addition to Recreation’s perennial fall favorites such as family blackberry raft, Campbell Center’s Bazaar, nature hikes, and the Boooo Barn, this guide includes many new activities you and your family will enjoy such as:
• Learn to enhance your photos using close-up digital photography
• Get a 30-minute Tabata interval training workout.
• Learn advanced Sumi-e Ink Painting
• Dance at “EveryBody Can Dance”
• Learn how to Protect Your Privacy Online
• Learn Italian through Cinema
• Prepare for high school swimming
• Learn to skateboard
• Attend the Native American Crafts Fair
The cover page of the new guide features two archers, both participants of Eugene Recreation’s program to help wounded and injured vets regain an active lifestyle.
The Guide is available online now and “in the mail” for those on Recreation’s free subscription list. Paper copies are also available for pick up at City community centers, pools or libraries, and 40 other public locations around town.