Acidum Project (Brazil), 2016
Mural on Broadway Alley between Willamette & Olive (Cowfish)
You won't want to miss this week of street art extravaganza by internationally-renowned muralists!
Eugene Walls, presented by the 20x21 EUG Mural Project
, features international artists Blek le Rat (France), Telmo Miel (Netherlands), Hyuro (Argentina/Spain), JAZ (Argentina/Spain), Hush (United Kingdom), Dan Witz (USA) and Oregon artist Ila Rose.
In addition to watching the artists at work in several downtown locations from July 29 - Aug 4
, we invite the public to join us at these special events:
- Sun, July 30, 10:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.: Eugene Sunday Streets kicks off the week with the new EUG Parade followed by walking, biking, rolling and playing in the car-free downtown streets. More info
- Wed, August 2, 6:30 p.m.: Meet the muralists at a reception at the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art and stay for a free outdoor film. More info
- Fri, August 4, 5:30 p.m.: Lane Arts Council hosts a First Friday Mural Tour followed by an outdoor EUGfun! concert. The First Friday Mural Tour, hosted by Paul Godin of the 20x21 EUG Mural Project, begins at 5:30pm at the intersection of West Broadway and Charnelton. Then, EUGfun! is closing down the streets at the same intersection to host two concerts. Tony Glausi with accompanying band, will play from 6-7:30 p.m., and Portland-based Chanti Darling, self-described as “future funktified post R&B(oogie),” will take the stage from 8-10 p.m. More info
Look for an insert in the July 27
edition of the Eugene Weekly
with a map of all the mural locations and bios about the artists.
Plus, check out the first four murals that have already been completed as part of the 20x21 EUG Mural Project:
See you downtown for some mural magic July 29 - August 4!
- Acidum Project (Brazil): Broadway Alley between Willamette & Olive (Cowfish)
- Beau Stanton (USA): 1010 Willamette St. (McDonald Theatre)
- Steven Lopez (USA): 254 Lincoln St. (Wildcraft)
- Hua Tunan (China): 411 West 4th Avenue (Vistra)