Police Events and Camps
Eugene Safety Town
**No Dates Set Yet For Eugene Safety Town 2020**
Safety Town 2020 camp dates will be announced soon! Historically camp has been in July, most often in the middle of the month, or the last two weeks. Please watch this page and our social media pages for updates.
What we can share now is below:
- You are encouraged to create an account with Eugene Recreation now (if you haven’t already done so), which will prepare you to register for Safety Town when registration opens and also give you the ability to register for other City of Eugene Recreation programs: https://www.eugene-or.gov/132/Rec-Guide.
- Camp is Monday - Friday only, two consecutive 5-day weeks (you must commit to attend all 10 days to register).
- There are two Sessions to choose from and you will only register for one Session:
- Session 1 - 9:00am to 11:30am
- Session 2 - 12:30pm to 3:00pm
- Once registration opens, a waitlist will be generated for those unable to secure a spot for their child in camp. You will be contacted if a spot opens, so no need to reach out about the status. Since our camp is very popular and not many withdraw, we don’t typically get the opportunity to bring in many, if any, from the waitlist. Springfield also has a Safety Town camp, so that is another comparable program to consider.
- Camp will be held at Prairie Mountain School, 5305 Royal Ave, Eugene, OR 97402.
- Questions about camper registration should be directed to Jeff Blonde' at 541-682-8332 or Email.
Teen volunteers (ages 13-19) act as camp counselors. This is a fun and educational experience for teens. Training is provided and this is a great way to earn community service hours, required at most high schools. Teen applicants undergo an interview and background process. Teen recruitment will open in the spring, probably towards the middle or end of March and close about May 1st. Questions about teen recruitment should be directed to Harlow Meno at 541-682-5642 or Email.
Donations & Sponsors: Are you interested in making a donation or being a sponsor for Safety Town? Please contact Jeff Blonde' at 541-682-8332 or Email.
Eugene Safety Town 2018 Camp Video is available here:
Eugene Police Activities League (EPAL)
The EPAL program is currently under review, and we will not be hosting the program in 2020. Please continue to follow this page for updates and information.