Request Records from Eugene Police Department
We no longer have online submission of Police Report Requests. The link at the right will take you to a PDF Public Records Request Form, which may be completed and printed. We accept requests by mail, fax, or in person at 300 Country Club Rd. Eugene, OR 97401
NOTE: Your computer may require you to approve the Public Records Request Form before displaying.
Copies of police reports are available from the Eugene Police Records Section. Please use the link at the right to access the request form which you may print. Alternatively, you may also obtain a request form at the front counter of Eugene Police Department 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. If a report is releasable there is a fee to obtain it, please see fee schedule below for details.
Photo RequestPhotographs taken as part of a police report/investigation may be requested in writing by mail, fax, or in person at the front counter of the Eugene Police Department. Please use the link at the right to access the request form which you may print. After receiving your request, we will contact you within 72 business hours to let you know if the photos are available and the cost. The request will then be forwarded to our Forensic Department, where the photos are transferred to a disc, and sent to us.
A list of involvements for a specific address or neighborhood may be requested by mail, email or at the front counter of the Eugene Police Department, Please use the link at the right to complete the OPS Analysis request form. This request is forwarded and processed through our Operations (OPS) Analysis Department. The fee is $22 for most requests, based on amount of time required to process the report.
Premise/Neighborhood History Report
Personal Records Checks
- Records checks are $10, and may be used for employment, travel visas, and rental applications. A notarized copy has an additional fee of $5. it is best to call in advance to ensure a notary is available.
- Personal Records information is only provided for the requesting individual. We do not provide second party records checks. Government issued identification must be provided.
- If you are unable to come to police records, you may provide a representative with a notarized request, and a legible copy of your identification. The designee must present their own government issued identification.
- Personal Records checks are provided on a standard form. We do not provide an individualized police clearance or letter of good conduct. It is the burden of the requestor to insure what we provide is sufficient for their purposes.
- Any individual’s statewide criminal history can be obtained from the Oregon State Police 503-378-3073 or 541-726-2536.
Request a copy of a 9-1-1 Tape9-1-1 Tapes may not be requested online at this time. You may come to the front counter at 300 Country Club Rd to complete a request form.
PLEASE NOTE: A minimum $60 is collected when your request is filed. Based on the information provided in the request form, a search of the files and records will be conducted. If the search fails to disclose any information regarding the incident(s) or person(s) described in this request, your payment will be retained as a research fee to cover our labor costs and computer time.
Payment may be made by phone with VISA or Mastercard, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 541-682-5131.
ONLY the following may authorize an audio release: District Attorney's office, City Prosecutor's office, Deputy Director, Rural Fire Chief, Watch Commander, Chief Officer, EMS Manager, AIC Sergeant or the Personnel Investigations Coordinator.
The minimum process time is 30 days. ASAP is not a valid date.
Eugene Police Records Fee Schedule
- Police Reports 1-10 pages $10
- Each additional page $1
- Archived Reports 1-10 pages $15
- Each additional page $1
- Records Checks (EPD Only) $10
- Certify Document additional $5
- CAD/Incident Reports $5
- Police Traffic Crash Reports $5
- Copies of Traffic Citations $5
- Traffic Impound Release $125
- Premise/Location History (OPS Analysis Report) $22
- 911 Audio Recording $60 minimum per call $60
- Police & Fire Dispatch Frequency Recording minimum per call $300
- Some public record requests require additional staff time to research and compile. The City is allowed to recover the cost associated with public records requests. The charge for these services is $35.22 per hour and the requester will be notified of the estimated time needed and the charge.
- Computer program work $44.65 per hour