Public Passenger Vehicles (PPV)
PPV Driver Certification Required
PPV driver certification is required for ALL drivers of:
- Transportation Network Vehicles (UBER and Lyft)
- Pedal Vehicles
Public Passenger Vehicle Code, Administrative Rules and Fee 2018 Updates
- Eugene Code 3.345 Public Passenger Vehicle Services Opens a New Window.
- Eugene Public Passenger Vehicle Administrative Rules Opens a New Window.
- Eugene Public Passenger Vehicle Fee Order Opens a New Window.
- April 23, 2018 – Eugene City Council adopted changes to the Public Passenger Vehicle code to maintain strong community safety standards, while meeting community desires to better align our code with other communities where Transportation Network Companies are currently operating.
- Spring 2018 – Staff updated the PPV Administrative Rules and Fees and these were posted for public comments as per the required process. Nearly 130 comments were received on the proposed Rules and Fee changes.
- July 19, 2018 – The PPV Administrative Rules and Fee changes were signed into effect by the City Manager. These went into effect immediately. The City is accepting applications from interested Transportation Network Companies Opens a New Window. for the required PPV Company Business License.
Public Passenger Vehicles (PPV) in Eugene
A public passenger vehicle is any vehicle which is used for the transportation of passengers for hire, including, but not limited to, shuttles, horse-drawn carriages, non-motorized bike cabs, taxicabs and transportation network vehicles.
A public passenger vehicle (PPV) license is required for any person or business to operate a public passenger vehicle company within the jurisdictional limits of Eugene and Springfield. However, an unlicensed public passenger vehicle operating outside of the jurisdictional limits of Eugene and Springfield may deliver a fare from outside those limits to a location within the limits, and if the vehicle waits for the person, retrieve the person for the return trip back outside the jurisdictional limits.
Filing a Complaint
You can now file a complaint online Opens a New Window. about taxi service or a driver.
To operate a motorized public passenger vehicle in Eugene and Springfield, a PPV driver certification card, issued by the Business License Office, is required.
|Airport City Taxi Limousine||541-484-4142|
|Cascade Cab Company||541-225-3444|
|Emerald City Taxi||541-321-6447|
|Eugene Airport Taxi||541-600-4040|
|Eugene Hybrid Cabs||541-357-8294|
|Eugene Hybrid Taxi||541-357-8294|
|OMNI Airport Shuttle||541-461-7959|
|Oregon Express Shuttle||541-207-0493|
|Emerald City Pedicab||541-543-7312|
|Pacific Pub Cycle||541-632-4343|