Business Firm Eligibility
Prior to commencing construction/installations, an eligible business firm submits an application in order for local officials to "authorize" it. Eligible firms include manufacturers, processors, distributors, warehouses, maintenance facilities and other operations that serve other businesses, as well as headquarters and call centers. Otherwise, retail, construction, financial and certain other activities are explicitly ineligible.
A new building, modification/addition to a building, or new machinery or equipment may qualify for an exemption. Land, existing buildings, existing machinery and equipment, and minor personal property items are not eligible for the exemption. In order for the business firm to qualify include:
Three–year Enterprise Zone Exemption
Increase full-time, permanent employment of the firm inside the enterprise zone by the greater of one new job or ten percent (10%).
- Enter into first-source agreement with local job training providers
- Maintain employment levels during exemption period
- No concurrent job losses more than 30 miles from the zone
- Satisfy local additional conditions, imposed in the West Eugene Enterprise Zone
- Zone Sponsor may waive the required employment increase for investments of $25 million or more