Ongoing Changes and Improvements
Public Comment Open Through 5/17: Parking Rate Changes
A proposed admin order will lower hourly parking rates in the Overpark and Parcade Garages from $1.20/hour to $1.00 per hour and round down to the nearest hour to enable a cashierless operated parking garage.
The full proposed admin order can be viewed here: Admin Order 52-22-02. Other key highlights include:
- The admin order clarifies that garage parking permits do not override event parking fees when event signs are posted.
- Rideshare/carpool parkers will be moved to the Overpark and Parcade garages so that the entry/exit cameras can be used to validate that users are following the reduced or free permit terms agreement.
- The City will be able to issue customer parking validations, in addition to a vendor.
- The admin order establishes a Riverfront East parking permit for $60/month in the new riverfront parking lot.
- The admin order establishes a commuter permit zone on Stewart Road for $10/month (see Exhibit A below).
- Zone D on-street parking permits (near MKA) will increase from $75/mo to $125/month due to extremely high demand.
- The admin order also clarifies parking lot names and provides section headings.
Proposed Commuter Permit Zone on Stewart Rd.
Parcade and Overpark Changes
The gate arms in the Parcade and Overpark Garages are now lowered. The gates had been raised for the past few months while we worked to update our garage technology. Permit holders no longer need RFID fobs to access the garage. Instead, license plate recognition cameras will scan the rear license plate and determine whether it's linked to a valid permit. Vehicles assigned to a valid permit will automatically raise the gate arms upon entry and exit.
Customers without a permit can still pay for daily usage by taking a paper ticket at the kiosk, or by using their phone number or credit card number to digitally issue a daily parking ticket. Customers interested in obtaining a new Parcade or Overpark garage permit can visit our commuter parking page for more information:
We are encouraging all current permit holders to verify that their permit information is accurate in their online account at www.thepermitportal.com. Any changes that need to be made to permit accounts should be emailed to ParkingPermits@eugene-or.gov as soon as possible.