Event Parking Permit Information for the 2021 Olympic Trials
Temporary Event Parking District for Athletes and Support Staff
In partnership with South University Neighborhood Association and Track Town, the City of Eugene created a temporary event parking district to mitigate the impact of parking in the area and encourage visitors to use event shuttles and other non-driving mobility options. The temporary event parking district is created through Administrative Order 53-21-02, a temporary event fee through Administrative Order 53-21-03, and doubling of parking fine through Court Order 21-03. The event will allow credentialed athletes and support staff to purchase $20 per day parking permits to park close to the stadium. Athletes can contact Track Town to find out how to purchase the permit.
Temporary Event Parking District Information:
- The temporary event parking district area spans from 18th Avenue to 23rd Avenue and Hilyard to Agate Streets.
- This area will be signed, "Permit Parking Only 7:00 AM to 11:00 PM from June 16 to June 29, 2021". There will not be free 2-hour parking with the temporary event district.
- Current residential permits are valid and (free) guest permits are valid.
- An event parking permit for $20/day is available to athletes and support staff.
- The City will increase enforcement during the event.
- The Restricted by Sign Parking Fine increases to $40 during event days (Court Order 23-01).
- Event parking revenue will recover the cost of signage. Any revenue generated above signage expenses will be re-invested back into the SUNA neighborhood as an investment in University Park. The City of Eugene will not make “profit” on the event parking district.
For general questions, please contact Parking@eugene-or.gov.
Grab & Go
Parking Services continues to support local business with the free Grab & Go program. Businesses are able to request the designation of 1-2 parking spots in front of their location to provide a dedicated free parking spot for carry-out customers and/or delivery companies. View the online map of participating restaurants.
This service is free for businesses and parking is free for customers. To request Grab & Go spaces in front of your business, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. To report a parking complaint related to the Grab & Go program, call the hotline: 541-517-0479