Saturday, October 31, 2020 • 12-4 pm
Get your costumes ready and come downtown with your family or pod for safe, festive, family fun on Halloween! You’ll find a spooky windowfront walking tour, a frightfully fun scavenger hunt, a Coffin Race graveyard, costumed entertainment and a photo opportunity.
This walking tour is bound to be an enchanted delight. Tour painted storefronts and pumpkins by local Urban Canvas artists Mandy Brimmer, Andrew Bronson “Droodle,” Emily Kaman, Travis Pendlebury, Marlis, Mat Whiteley, Alex V. Cipolle, and Dream Lynx. Participating businesses include:
- Downtown Athletic Club
- Mosaic Fair Trade
- Voodoo Donuts
- Art City
- Porter House Clothing
- Jazzy Ladies
- Urban Therapeutic
- London Spa
- Off the Waffle
- Killer Burger
- First National Tap House
- The Davis
- Whirled Pies
- Glamour Girls
- Books with Pictures
- Lane Transit District Station
Take a stab at our Halloween Scavenger Hunt while visiting favorite local haunts. Download the scavenger hunt (PDF), or pick up a copy during the event in Kesey Square, at the Farmers and Saturday Market Info Booths, or at the Library.
Coffin Race Graveyard
Straight from the crypt, the Coffin Race cars will be on display to eulogize the howling glory of races past. Find the coffins in the Broadway Streatery near Broadway and Willamette.
Keep on the lookout for these roaming spirits spreading bubbles from toils and troubles on your spooky day.
- Bubble and Trouble are community construction clowns directing safe play zones for Halloween fun. With measuring props and entertaining toys in tow, they will juggle, hoop, dance and play.
- Watch out for the giant, friendly monster! Flamebuoyant Productions reaches sky-high to provide large-scale family fun.
- The last of the spirits are a surprise, see if you can find them hiding in disguise.
Be sure to stop by our pop-up photo booth in Kesey Square from 1– 3:30 p.m. to get your photo taken by one of our local favorites, Athena Delene. All photos will be posted online Monday on this page and our Cultural Services Facebook page.
Parking & Restrooms
Parking is available in downtown parking lots and on street parking. Restrooms will be available with an attendant present to ensure they are disinfected regularly.
This event will be following all event safety guidelines as required by the State of Oregon. Please review the following details as non-compliance will result in being asked to leave event area.
- Attendees must wear a mask or face covering over the nose and mouth.
- Please respect others by maintaining 6-foot distancing from those you didn’t arrive with.
- Cover your coughs/sneezes with elbow or tissue and avoid touching your face.
- Practice good hygiene by washing your hands and using sanitizer when hand washing is not available.
- Stay home if anyone in your group is feeling sick.
- Monitors will ensure proper physical distancing and mask-wearing when necessary.
Shift Lanes: 13th Ave.
October 23-30, 2020
Get rollin' on Eugene's newest protected bikeway! From October 23 - 30, cruise the bikeway for deals at local restaurants and shops, join socially-distanced rides, catch the Filmed by Bike Film Festival, tune in to livestream talks, and so much more.
If you choose to attend, you are required to follow public health precautions to keep yourself and others safe by wearing a mask, washing your hands and maintaining physical distance. Community members of all ages have an important role in slowing the spread of COVID-19.
Fall Program Changes
Cultural Services Community Programs has made the difficult decision to cancel our traditional EUGfun fall programs including Coffin Races, based on current public health recommendations on group gatherings as well as budgetary constraints resulting from the challenges of the pandemic.
We have been hard at work, however, adapting and creating opportunities for meaningful connection in this time of isolation and uncertainty. By utilizing online platforms, practicing physical distancing and providing important paid opportunities for our community’s talented artists, we offer continued opportunities to connect through free shared experiences that we hope will introduce the sparks of joy and inspiration we all need right now.
Brought to you by the City of Eugene with support from these local businesses. Thank you to our sponsors for making Eugene a great place to live, work and play!
Free, fun, family-friendly events all year long!