Information & Classes
FitCity has REOPENED!!
Here are the most current guidelines. These will be in place until further notice:
FitCity will be open during normal hours of 5am to 10pm; 7 days per week.
1. If you have any of the following please do not come into the facility:
• Employees who have symptoms of acute respiratory illness are recommended to notify their supervisor and stay home until they are free of fever (100.4° F [38.0° C] or greater using an oral thermometer), have signs of a fever, and any other symptoms for at least 24 hours, without the use of fever-reducing or other symptom-altering medicines (e.g. cough suppressants).
□ Shortness of breath (not severe)
□ Repeated shaking with chills
□ Muscle pain
□ Sore throat
□ New loss of taste or smell
□ You many NOT enter FitCity if you have been in close contact with anyone with these symptoms listed above or anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
Other exercise facilities around the city are encouraged to use these standards as applicable.
2. Since the rating has dropped from High Risk to Moderate Risk for the county we can now have up to 10 people per hour in FitCity while trying to maintain a 6 foot social distancing while in the facility. All other guidelines are still in effect.
3. No need to sign up anymore on the @Eugene Wellness Center Calendar.
4. Workouts are limited to 60 minutes per person.
5. Apply hand sanitizer when enterning facility. Then immediately go wash your hands.
6. Face coverings are required at all times while in FitCity and will be available when entering the facility.
7. Use antiseptic wipes before and after use of cardio machines, weight equipment, or any other equipment in the facility.
8. When using restrooms use spray bottles to spray the sink and faucets, toilet seat and flush mechanisms, and hand rails.
9. The showers will now be available. If you use the shower you must spray the entire structure plus the shower curtain with antiseptic spray.
10. Group exercise classes: Mindful Yoga and Zumba are offered virtually.
11. The Tabata group exercise class is offered outside on Tuesday/Thursday @ 5:30pm on the 4th level of the Overpark Parking Structure.
12, Drinking fountains are now open and operating.
13. The showers will now be available for use. You must use the antiseptic spray and spray down the entire shower including the shower curtain.
FACILITY INFORMATION1010 Oak Street | Monday through Sunday | 5:00 am to 10:00 pm, including holidays
Open to regular City of Eugene employees and their dependents (18 ) enrolled in one of the City’s health plans, City retirees who purchase health insurance through one of the City’s health plans, and temporary employees (18 ). Come on down and check it out!
BeWell Facebook Page
Mindful Yoga Live
Tues/Thur, 7:30 am to 8:00 am
Instructor: Stephanie Scafa
Join us in the mornings to center and calm before beginning your day. This class will highlight breathwork and moving intentionally to draw awareness to how you are feeling. You can expect a mix of guided meditation, breathing exercises, and simple Yoga postures. In addition, you’ll learn mindfulness tools to practice throughout your workday.
Zumba Live or OnDemand
Tues/Thur, @ 12 noon
Instructor: Tara Barnes
Zumba is a fun, easy-to-follow, Latin inspired, calorie-burning dance fitness class. It combines Latin and international rhythms with an effective dance workout that’s like a party that will get you moving! No dance experience necessary, just a want to have fun and let loose your inner dance. Zumba promo
Tues/Thur, @ 5:30 pm
Overpark Parking Garage 4th level
Instructor: Steve Auferoth
Come for great views, great music, fresh air, and tons of fun! We are socially distance because we have the 4th level of the parking structure. Great