- What is Deferred Comp?
- Enrollment and Changes
- Maximum Deferral Limits
- Deferred Comp Committee
- Information and Resources
- Handbook and Plan Document
- Former Employees
- Voya On-Site Hours
- Contact Voya Financial
What is Deferred Compensation?
All regular full-time and part-time employees can participate in the City's Deferred Compensation Plan. This voluntary supplemental 457(b) retirement program allows you to have part of your salary withheld and invested for payment to you upon retirement or employment separation.
Enrollment and Changes
We are excited that you are interested in learning more about participating in the City’s Deferred Comp Plan! Here are some very important links regarding the Deferred Comp Plan and Target Date Funds.
• Overview Opens a New Window. of the Deferred Compensation Program.
• Roth Option FAQ Opens a New Window.
• EZ Enrollment Form Opens a New Window.
To get started by enrolling in the Target Date Retirement Fund mapped to your age, please complete the EZ Enrollment Form Opens a New Window. and send it to Central Payroll in the Library. You can change your fund option at any time through your online Voya member account or by meeting with Voya, the City's Deferred Comp Carrier.
There is additional information, including the Deferred Comp Handbook, on the City’s Deferred Comp Webpage.
If you prefer, you can meet with Voya to enroll in the plan or discuss your fund options by calling Voya's local office at 541.343.6759.
Maximum Deferral Limits
|Year||Regular Deferral Limit||Over 50+ Deferral Limit||Final Three Year Limit|
Deferred Compensation Committee
The Deferred Compensation Committee consists of employees from various departments and labor unions who are appointed by the City Manager. The responsibilities of the committee are outlined in the City of Eugene Deferred Compensation Plan and include overseeing the plan investments.
Information and Resources
- Roth Option FAQs
- AFSCME Auto Enrollment Notice
- Deferred Comp Fund Risk and Return Chart
- Vanguard Target Retirement Funds
- Vanguard Retirement Funds Risk Chart
- Self-Directed Brokerage Account FAQ
- DC Plan Quarterly Performance Report
- City of Eugene Roth Guide
Tools, Calculators, and Videos
Saving, Investing, Planning for Retirement, Personal Finance
Financial Wellness, Retirement Income, Retirement Readiness
Roth vs Traditional
Voya On-Site Hours
Note: Contact your supervisor for approval to attend any meeting times during your regular work hours. Meetings are not considered work time.
Public Works Maintenance - 1820 Roosevelt Blvd. (check in at the front desk)
- First Wednesday of each month, 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Voya Office - 160 E Broadway, Suite 200 (at the back side of the building)
- Second Tuesday of each month, 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Planning and Development Dept. - Atrium Building - 99 W. 10th, Room 220.
- Third Thursday of each month, 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Local representatives are Elle Brooks/Kim Blackmore - 541-343-6759 Options 1 or 2