Street Lights

Street LightStreet lights refer to lights illuminating the streets, alleys and bike paths.

If you want to report a malfunctioning traffic signal or a missing traffic sign like a stop sign, yield, one way, or do not enter, please call 541-682-4800 immediately during business hours (Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.) or call 9-1-1 outside of regular business hours.

Most street lights within the city limits are maintained by the City of Eugene. Street lights are replaced on a schedule to maintain illumination to promote safety within the community. If you need to report a street light that has burned out or need to report damage to a street light pole, please make a street light maintenance request.

Requesting a new street light be added to the city’s inventory of approximately 10,000 street lights requires a request from a citizen, neighborhood petition, or at the request of a public agency. For more information, visit the "Request Street Lighting" page that outlines the process for requesting a new street light.

Photo by Vern Rogers