Reserve a Community Garden Plot
Enjoy the Bounty of the Earth
Since 1978, Eugene's community gardens have been growing friendships, community involvement and an appreciation of the land. By giving participants the opportunity to cultivate their own gardens, the Community Gardens Program helps people experience a special connection to the earth and their community.
Grow your own food in the #1 city for urban farming!
SitesThere are six community gardens throughout Eugene with a total of more than 340 plots:
- Amazon Gardens at 27th Avenue and High Street
- Mathews Gardens at 15th Avenue and Hayes Street
- Whiteaker Gardens at the end of North Polk Street
- River House Gardens at 301 North Adams Street
- Alton Baker Gardens at the east end of the Alton Baker Park parking lot
- Skinner City Farm at the west end of Skinner Butte Park
About the Plots
- There are three plot sizes:
1. Approx. 300 square-feet for $60 per year
2. Approx. 600 square-feet for $100 per year
3. Raised bed at Alton Baker for $25 per year
The cost includes access to garden tools and water.
- Most plots are staked and numbered.
- Each garden has a site coordinator who can help answer questions, share expertise and assist with problems or concerns that arise.
Tips for New Gardeners
New to the 2018 Community Gardens Program is the elimination of the lottery process. With the absence of the lottery process, new gardeners may submit an application at any time during the year to be placed on the waiting list on a first-come, first-served basis. You will stay on the waiting list until you are offered a plot. Fees will then be collected upon assignment of a garden plot. It is recommended that you look at several garden sites before applying as you are asked to request a specific garden location. Please note that demand is high for the Amazon and Alton Baker gardens, and turnover rates are low.
How to apply for a Community Garden plot:
- Complete the Waiting List Application
- Submit completed application to email@example.com;
- Fax to: 541-682-4882; or
- Drop off or mail to: Parks and Open Space, Community Garden Program, 1820 Roosevelt Blvd., Eugene, OR 97402