Shared Micromobility Service Application Materials Checklist
On April 19, 2022, Administrative Order No. 58-22-02-F was signed into effect, establishing the Micromobility Service License Administrative Rule R-3.570, which includes a one year Shared-Use Electric Scooter Pilot Program to evaluate whether a more permanent program is compatible with City goals. These goals are reinforced by its Climate Action Plan 2.0 (Action T.23), Eugene 2035 Transportation System Plan, and the Vision Zero Action Plan, and include:
(1) Providing and encouraging a safe, convenient, and economic transportation system;
(2) Increasing transportation choices and reducing reliance on automobiles;
(3) Increasing the number of active transportation trips that occur;
(4) Climate recovery through the reduction of fossil fuel consumption;
(5) A fair and equitable transportation system that addresses the needs of all travelers; and
(6) The health and safety of all transportation users in the City of Eugene.
To participate in the Shared-Use Electric Scooter Pilot Program, businesses must apply for a Micromobility Service License in accordance with the conditions set out in sections R-3.570-B and R-3.570-C of Administrative Rule R-3.570.
The City of Eugene is currently accepting materials for Conditional Approval. [Last Updated 4/19/22]
Conditional Approval for Shared Micromobility Service License [Due May 6, 2022]