Bicycling is a fast, efficient, and healthy mobility option, which also reduces a neighborhood’s air pollution and traffic congestion. Have fun, get fit, start out your day energized, and do your part for the environment – what a deal!
In 2013, the League of American Bicyclists certified Eugene/Springfield as a Gold Level Bicycle Friendly Community. Regardless of where you live, Eugene has bike lanes, bike boulevards, and a great off-street trail network to get you where you need to go.
Find the best bicycle route by checking out the online Eugene/Springfield Bike Maps (Eugene) (Eugene Spanish) (Springfield) (Springfield Spanish) Pick up a physical bike map at any of the bike shops all over town or from our office (99 E. Broadway, Suite 400) and plan your route today.
Bicycling To Your Workplace
- Request a safe place for your bike at work.
- Ask your employer about starting an employee benefits program that rewards employees for bicycling work. (Federal Bike Credit)
- Check with your employer about facilities for showering at or near work.
- Always wear a helmet.
- Wear reflective clothing and use lights at night.
- In Oregon, bikes are vehicles and have rights and responsibilities according to the law.
Try A One Way Bicycle Trip
Maybe it’s too cold in the morning, but the afternoon promises to be perfect for a bike ride. Or possibly the ride to work is an easy downhill glide, while the trip home is an uphill climb. Either way, you can look to the bus schedule to help you out. Each LTD Bus is equipped with racks to carry 3 bikes, no extra charge.