The stormwater system includes over 600 miles of enclosed pipes and other constructed features such as catch basins, curb inlets, and over 300 “green infrastructure” facilities—a combination of constructed and natural vegetated featuressuch as planters, swales, wetlands, streams, rivers, and open channels. Rainwater that does not soak into the ground runs off the land and is conveyed by the stormwater system to local area waterways such as Amazon Creek and the Willamette River.
Stormwater Monthly Fee Schedule
Current rates effective beginning July 2018.
|User Category1||Small Residential2||Medium Residential3||Large Residential4||Commercial/
|Impervious Surface|| $7.61
|| $4.23 per
|Total Monthly Fee|| $10.34
- Duplex rates are modified, based on the building footprint and building configuration.
- Building footprint is equal to or less than 1,000 sf.
- Building footprint is greater than 1,000 sf and less than 3,000 sf.
- Building footprint is 3,000 sf or greater.
- All users other than small and medium single-family homes and duplexes are considered General Customers.
How your stormwater fees are used every year:
- Clean over 8,000 catch basins and curb inlets
- Collect and recycle over 12,000 cubic yards of leaves
- Eliminate illegal discharges and spills into the stormwater system
- Sweep more than 40,000 curb miles of streets
- Provide stormwater education to 2,900 students
- Protect, restore, and maintain streams, rivers, and wetlands
- Planting over 600 trees along local streams and rivers
- Remove garbage from streams and the banks of the Willamette River
- Improve rainfall runoff management in developed areas
- Replace public drywells to protect groundwater quality
- Administer clean water regulations for construction sites, industries, and new development
- Plant, preserve, and maintain street trees and median vegetation
- Monitor water quality in our local waterways through sampling and data analysis
- Utility User Fee Brochure
- Wastewater fees and charges
- Fact sheets
- FY19 Admin Order 58-18-04-F for Stormwater Fee Increase
Other Stormwater Fees and Charges
Stormwater systems development charges (SDCs) provide a funding source for the public cost to acquire right-of-way and to construct, expand, and rehabilitate stormwater infrastructure such as large pipes, drainage ways, catch basins and culverts.
More information about stormwater SDCs.