Downtown Activity Permits

As of October 1, 2020, the City of Eugene will process all applications for Downtown Activity Zone Permits. This includes permits for A-frame signs, cafe seating, events, food trucks, amplified sound and sales on public property within the Downtown Activity Zone (see map).

This page is under construction. Check back for updates and reach out by email if you need something that you are unable to find.

A-frame Signs

Unlike other parts of the city, A-frame signs are allowed on public property within the DAZ, but businesses must have a permit! To learn more about placing a sign on the sidewalk in front of your business, please contact us.

Cafe Seating

In response to COVID-19, the City of Eugene has created a free, temporary cafe seating program. If you are interested in using public property adjacent to your business for cafe seating, we recommend applying through our Streatery Program. If you are looking to renew an existing cafe seating permit, please contact us at

Downtown Activity Zone Map


Are you interested in hosting an event in a public space in downtown Eugene? Awesome! The Park Blocks and Kesey Square are great outdoor venues at the heart of our community. Please fill out this event notification form and a member of our downtown events team will reach out to you.

Food Trucks

If you are interested in locating your food truck in downtown Eugene, let us know at and we'll help you find a location and fill out an application.

Amplified Sound

Not hosting an event, put you want amplify sound within the downtown activity zone. You will need to fill out this application (link coming) and pay the associated fee.

Sales on Public Property

If you are a business looking to host a "sidewalk sale," please reach out by email

If you are an individual looking to sell items on public property downtown, please see Permit for Sales on Public Property in Downtown .