In the latest park design concept, we have expanded the playground by one-third from the existing size with all new playground equipment. A sand play and nature play area are included. All of the existing shade trees have been preserved except two, while adding over thirty new trees. The plan will expand the irrigated lawn as shown with a continuous looped path which connects the playground, basketball court and nature play area. A location is shown for a future bike path connector to the Fern Ridge Path.
Berkeley Park is a 2.38-acre neighborhood park located at West 14th Avenue and Wilson Court, off of City View. Originally purchased in 1949 and developed in 1955, the park was expanded by land donations in the mid-1970s. The most recent playground remodel in 1998 was aided by Community Development Block Grant funds.