Frequently Asked Questions
There have been several recurring questions and comments in the input collected from neighbors. This section highlights those areas of interest and provides information and links to additional resources.
The City of Eugene’s Values for Public Engagement, as laid out in the neighborhood plan’s Public Involvement Plan, call for a transparent process that leads to sustained engagement. Residents are encouraged to use the provided links and contact information to follow up on the particular questions or issues that they are interested in. For an overall clarification of public services provided in the River Road-Santa Clara neighborhoods, this Guide to Urban Services is a great resource.
Please note that the topics included in these questions will not necessarily be addressed in the final neighborhood plan. Rather, this is meant to provide residents with information and resources to address questions that have emerged during the neighborhood planning process.
FAQ on Annexations
Download the Annexation FAQ to learn more about when annexations take place and what decisions trigger annexation.
FAQ on House Bill 2001
- What is a neighborhood plan? What is a refinement plan?
- How will the Neighborhood Plan get adopted?
- How does the River Road Corridor Study connect to the River Road-Santa Clara Neighborhood Plan?
- What are the goals for the River Road corridor?
- Will this neighborhood planning process impact annexation?
- What is the plan for undeveloped park land?
- What are current regulations for development along the river? Who maintains the riverfront?
- How is the River Road-Santa Clara Neighborhood Plan coordinating with the Urban Reserves project?
- The River Road Corridor Study includes draft proposals to focus land use changes along and near River Road. How will this impact traffic?
- I have a question about a specific vacant lot in my neighborhood; where can I find more information?
- How will we preserve and grow our farms?
- What is the role of a Neighborhood Watch group, and how can we coordinate with City and County law enforcement?
- Do River Road and Santa Clara residents have access to a library?