Eugene is continually growing and changing, and preparing for this growth and change over the longer term requires the deep involvement of our community and a new level of collaboration with our County partners. Because our future population growth is uncertain and our best predictions are likely to be wrong, we need to be prepared with a plan to grow in the best places and in the ways that best align with our community values.
The goal of urban reserve planning is to identify where Eugene may grow up to 30 years beyond the 2032 UGB, or as late as 2062. The plan will support the pillars of Envision Eugene, advance the community vision beyond 2032, and reflect deep collaboration among the City, County, community, and service providers.
Urban reserves will identify lands for the housing, parks, schools, and jobs needed by Eugene’s population in the long term future, while implementing the area’s regional open space vision, including preservation of significant farmland, waterways, natural resources and landscapes.
This graphic outlines the key phases of the urban reserves project and public engagement opportunities.
Two important documents will guide Urban Reserves planning. The Public Involvement Plan outlines the outreach process, key stakeholders, and how various groups can help shape the project. The Draft Project Charter is an internal document that outlines scope of the project and key milestones.
Join the Technical Advisory Committee
Recruitment for the Envision Eugene Technical Advisory Committee (EETAC) is underway. The scope of the EETAC will include City-wide growth management initiatives, starting with urban reserves. The group will represent a range of voices in the community and will provide feedback to staff on technical-related issues. The deadline to apply is July 15, 2018.
To learn more about the EETAC and to apply, click here.
Interested in keeping tabs on the urban reserves planning work? If you sign up to be on our interested parties list we will send you monthly project updates through the Envision Eugene newsletter, and notify you of upcoming meetings and opportunities.
Past Meeting Materials
- Eugene Planning Commission, May 8 2018. (Agenda, Webcast, Powerpoint slides)
- Lane County Planning Commission, May 15 2018. (Agenda Opens a New Window. , Powerpoint slides Opens a New Window. )
- Lane County Planning Commission, June 5 2018. (Agenda Opens a New Window. )
- Eugene City Council, June 11 2018. (Agenda Opens a New Window. , Webcast)
- Lane County Board of Commissioners, June 19 2018. (Agenda Opens a New Window. , Webcast Opens a New Window. )
- Eugene Planning Commission, June 25 2018. (Agenda, Webcast)
- Eugene Planning Commission, July 10 2018. (Agenda, Webcast)