Eugene is continually growing and changing, and preparing for this growth and change over the longer term requires the deep involvement of our community and a new level of collaboration with our County partners. Because our future population growth is uncertain and our best predictions are likely to be wrong, we need to be prepared with a plan to grow in the best places and in the ways that best align with our community values.
The goal of urban reserve planning is to identify where Eugene may grow up to 30 years beyond the 2032 UGB, or as late as 2062. The plan will support the pillars of Envision Eugene, advance the community vision beyond 2032, and reflect deep collaboration among the City, County, community, and service providers.
Urban reserves will identify lands for the housing, parks, schools, and jobs needed by Eugene’s population in the long term future, while implementing the area’s regional open space vision, including preservation of significant farmland, waterways, natural resources and landscapes.
Outreach Timeline (Draft)
This graphic outlines the key phases of the urban reserves project and public engagement opportunities. This is still a working draft, and the final version will be included in the approved Public Involvement Plan.
Join the Technical Advisory Committee
Recruitment for the Envision Eugene Technical Advisory Committee (EETAC) will begin later this Spring. The scope of the EETAC will include City-wide growth management initiatives, starting with urban reserves. The group will represent a range of voices in the community and will provide feedback to staff on technical-related issues. Check back for more information on how to apply for the EETAC.
Interested in keeping tabs on the urban reserves planning work? If you sign up to be on our interested parties list we will send you monthly project updates through the Envision Eugene newsletter, and notify you of upcoming meetings and opportunities.
Hold the Date!
Urban reserves planning is just kicking off so now is a great time to get involved. City and County officials will be reviewing the Urban Reserves Draft Project Charter and Draft Public Involvement Plan at public meetings this spring. When meeting materials are posted, links will be added below:
- Eugene Planning Commission, May 8 2018, at 5:30 pm work session. Sloat Room (1st Floor), Atrium Building, 10 West Broadway, Eugene (Agenda, Webcast, Powerpoint slides)
- Lane County Planning Commission, May 15 2018, 6 pm work session. Goodpasture Room, 3050 N. Delta Hwy, Eugene. (Agenda Opens a New Window. )
- Eugene City Council, May 29 2018, 5:30 pm work session. Harris Hall, 125 East 8th Avenue, Eugene.
- Lane County Planning Commission, June 5 2018, 6 pm work session. Goodpasture Room, 3050 N. Delta Hwy, Eugene.
- Lane County Board of Commissioners, June 19 2018. Time tbd. Harris Hall, 125 East 8th Avenue, Eugene.
There will be a large community event in early Fall, so keep checking back for meeting information!