Bike, Pedestrian, and Skate Laws
- Summary of laws that pertain to people that walk and bike
- Crosswalk Laws
- A legal guide for people who walk by Attorney Ray Thomas
- A legal guide for people who bicycle by Attorney Ray Thomas
- Eugene Pedestrian Laws (Eugene's pedestrian laws are contained in City Code Chapter 5.425.)
- Eugene Bicycle Laws (Eugene's bicycle laws are contained in City Code Chapters 5.395, 5.400, and 5.420.)
Electric Assisted Bicycles
People may ride an electric assisted bicycle on off-street paths with the electric motor engaged except within the East Alton Baker Park Plan boundary. It is illegal to ride electric assisted bicycles on sidewalks in Oregon.
Eugene Skateboard Laws
There are several locations where skateboarding on sidewalks is prohibited including downtown Eugene and near the University of Oregon. Skateboarding in the street is prohibited except when crossing the street in a crosswalk or at a right angle.
Downtown No-Sidewalk-Riding Zone
No person may ride a skateboard or bicycle on any sidewalk with the area bounded by the eastern sidewalk along Lincoln Street between 8th and 13th Avenues, the northern sidewalk along 8th Avenue between Lincoln and Pearl Streets, on either side of Willamette Street between 7th and 8th Avenues, the eastern sidewalk along Pearl Street between 8th and 13th Avenues, on either side of Broadway between Pearl and High Streets, and on the northern sidewalk along 13th Avenue between Pearl and Lincoln Streets.
Eugene By Cycle
A handy guide with safety tips, laws, tricks, and resources for getting around Eugene by bicycle. Pick up a copy at our offices at 99 E. Broadway, 4th Floor or download a PDF copy Opens a New Window. .