Tips to Select A Pest Professional
- Always deal with a qualified and licensed pest management company. Consider asking to see the license or other credentials of the pest management professional that comes to solve your pest problem.
- Evaluate pest control companies that are members of national, state or local pest management associations as they have access to up-to-date information and education.
- Consider an NPMA QualityPro company. Visit www.npmaqualitypro.com(link is external) for more information.
- Ask friends and neighbors to recommend pest control companies they have used successfully and how satisfied they were with the service.
- If a sizable amount of money is involved, get bids from several pest management companies.
- Don’t rush a decision. Since you are paying for professional knowledge a well as skillful application of pesticides, look for someone whose judgment you can trust.
- Before signing a contract, be sure to fully understand the nature of the work to be performed, the extent of the infestation and what is covered by the service agreement.
- Find out if the pest control company has liability insurance to cover any damages to your house or furnishings during treatment
- If a guarantee is given, know what it covers, how long it lasts, what you must do to keep it in force, and what kind of continuing control, prevention and management are necessary.
- Buy value, not price. Beware of professionals that offer bargains that sound too good to be true.