Downtown Program Fund
2019 Downtown Program Fund Recipients
Congratulations to our 2019 Downtown Program Fund recipients!
ArtCity Eugene: Studio Without Walls
ArtCity Eugene: BEAM
Danceability International: Satellite Program for Inclusion
Denbaya Drum and Dance: African Dance and Drumming in the Streets
Downtown Eugene Inc.: Aesthetic Alleyway Lighting
Integrated Arts (Harmonic Laboratory): Culture Caravan
Lane Arts Council: June, July, and October ArtWalk Events
Oregon Supported Living Program: Stray Cast Improv in Kesey Square
Positive Community Kitchen: Nourish: Community Cooking Demo
STOP DROP & YOGA: Yoga Without Walls
Track Town Swing: Track Town Throwdown: Swing and Jazz Dance Festival
Tropical Contemporary: The Path Less Traveled
Applications are closed for 2019
What is the Downtown Program Fund?
Is there an event or artistic installation you have been wanting to present downtown?
The Downtown Program Fund may be for you! The Fund aims to activate downtown Eugene’s public spaces by expanding artistic and cultural programming. Funding in the range of $1,000 - $5,000 will be awarded to organizations or individuals who wish to produce their own quality programming during April – October 2019 in outdoor public spaces in Eugene’s downtown core. Funding can support any artistic or cultural discipline, including visual, dance, music, theater, film/video/media and multidisciplinary fields.
Why does the program exist?
Downtown Eugene has great potential to be the civic, commercial and social heart of the city. The City of Eugene is working toward this vision through improvements to downtown infrastructure, public safety, social services and events. Activation of public spaces through programming is a key strategy to bring people and positive energy to the downtown core. We seek to expand the breadth and quality of downtown activation by supporting additional programming by cultural and artistic partners.
- The Downtown Program Fund is open to all organizations and individuals engaged in creative, cultural, arts and media and disciplines that are headquartered/physically reside within Lane County.
- Proposed programming must take place between April 1 and October 31, 2019.
- Programs must take place in an outdoor public space in Eugene’s downtown core, including but not limited to the Park Blocks, Kesey Square and the Library Plaza.
- Programs must be free and accessible to the public.
- Programs must work around already-scheduled programming. Check back here in January for a calendar of the season’s scheduled events.
- Applicants must provide a 1:1 cash match for the project for all City funds awarded (i.e. if the City awards you $1,000, you must also contribute at least $1,000 toward your project costs).
- Applicants must include the City of Eugene Cultural Services logo on all visual marketing materials for the program, and/or the written name in program press releases or other written information.
- Upon completion of the program, applicants must complete a brief report and provide the City with 3-5 high-quality, copyright-free digital photographs of the program for use in future City promotions.
- Applicants may submit proposals for as many as two programs, in which case a complete and separate proposal for each project is required.
- A collaboration between multiple individuals or organizations.
- Occurring in the late afternoon or evening (4-10 p.m.)
- Occurring in April, May or October.
- Occurring more than once during the season.
Applications are closed for 2019
- Read the tabs on eligibility, timeline and 2018 Fund Recipients Submission Guidelines and Event Information to learn more about the Downtown Program Fund.
- Prepare before filling out your application by reviewing the list of questions Opens a New Window. .
- Fill out the Downtown Program Fund Application Opens a New Window. . We are taking applications now. Applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. PST on February 1, 2019 to be considered for summer. You may save your progress and return at a later date by making an account.
- Your application will be scored based on this selection criteria Opens a New Window. .
Applications must be submitted by February 1, 2019 to be considered for the 2019 season. Awards will be announced on March 1, 2019. Programming must occur between April 1 and October 31, 2019.
2018 Downtown Program Fund Recipients
Below is a list of all our 2018 recipients. Brief program descriptions are below. You can also take a closer look at their application information Opens a New Window. .
As night falls, this event will showcase multidisciplinary art incorporating light, sculpture, music, film, dance and poetry in an illuminated outdoor pop-up gallery.
Studio Without Walls
A series of three events that invite the public to watch art-making and engage with artists as they bring their crafts of painting, printmaking, drawing, sculpting, dance, performance, art installations, music and more.
Movement for Memory
An eight-week series of dance classes that invites seniors and others to connect neurological processes with physical activity through expressive movement.
EugeneTech & CodeChops
A larger than life PONG video game with giant controllers and a huge screen. The four events offer instruction followed by an open competition.
EventStar Productions, L.L.C.
Beats & BBQ
Eugene's best grill masters and beat blasters square off for bragging rights and prizes. Judged by hungry event attendees.
Honk! Fest Eugene
This street music festival blends the Opens a New Window. spirit of a block party and the art of global music with the grit of street performance. Musicians draw inspiration from traditions including New Orleans parade bands, Klezmer street bands, Balkan brass bands and Brazilian samba drumlines.
Lane Arts Council
A large-scale concert with Eugene’s new Tower Of Power funk tribute band, in conjunction with the First Friday ArtWalk.
Lane County Farmers Market
Tuesday Farmers Market Family Days
Family fun with The School Garden Project, MECCA, WhitPrint and Rainbow Kids Yoga to get curiosity and creativity flowing. There will also be a smoothie blender bicycle, ladybug release, story hour, giant chess set, live music and more.
SLUG Queen Santa Frida Babosita
Meet Me in the Zocalo
A celebration of Latinx culture inspired by the lively city centers of Mexico. A family friendly event with music, dancing, community art projects, food trucks and more.
Opens a New Wind Opens a New Window. Visible Spectrum
A series of three multi-media events geared toward community interaction. Art, performance and workshops focus on the reverence of diverse identities in order to disseminate art experiences, provide entertainment and create conversation.