Downtown Program Fund
Downtown Program Fund 2018 Recipients
Congratulations to our 2018 Downtown Program Fund recipients!
Friday, Sept. 21 • 8-11 p.m.
As night falls, this event will showcase multidisciplinary art incorporating light, sculpture, music, film, dance and poetry in an illuminated outdoor pop-up gallery.
Studio Without Walls
July 20, August 17, Sept. 21 • 4:30-8:30 p.m.
A series of three events that invite the public to watch art-making and engage with artists as they bring their crafts of painting, printmaking, drawing, sculpting, dance, performance, art installations, music and more.
Movement for Memory
Tuesdays, June 26-August 14 • 11 a.m.-Noon
An eight-week series of dance classes that invites seniors and others to connect neurological processes with physical activity through expressive movement.
EugeneTech & CodeChops
June 26, July 31, August 28, Sept. 25 • 8-10 p.m.
A larger than life PONG video game with giant controllers and a huge screen. The four events offer instruction followed by an open competition.
EventStar Productions, L.L.C.
Beats & BBQ
Sunday, Sept. 30 • 2-6 p.m.
Eugene's best grill masters and beat blasters square off for bragging rights and prizes. Judged by hungry event attendees.
Honk! Fest Eugene
Friday, June 8 • 5:30-10 p.m.
This street music festival blends the Opens a New Window. spirit of a block party and the art of global music with the grit of street performance. Musicians draw inspiration from traditions including New Orleans parade bands, Klezmer street bands, Balkan brass bands and Brazilian samba drumlines.
Lane Arts Council
Friday, July 6• 5:30-8 p.m.
A large-scale concert with Eugene’s new Tower Of Power funk tribute band, in conjunction with the First Friday ArtWalk.
Lane County Farmers Market
Tuesday Farmers Market Family Days
June 26, July 24, August 14 • 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Family fun with The School Garden Project, MECCA, WhitPrint and Rainbow Kids Yoga to get curiosity and creativity flowing. There will also be a smoothie blender bicycle, ladybug release, story hour, giant chess set, live music and more.
SLUG Queen Santa Frida Babosita
Meet Me in the Zocalo
Sunday, August 5 • 1-8 p.m.
A celebration of Latinx culture inspired by the lively city centers of Mexico. A family friendly event with music, dancing, community art projects, food trucks and more.
Friday, July 27 • 4-6 p.m., Downtown Public Library Opens a New Window.
Friday, Sept. 7 • 6-8 p.m., Kesey Square Opens a New Window.
Saturday, Sept. 8 • Noon-4 p.m, Kesey Square Opens a New Window.
A series of three multi-media events geared toward community interaction. Art, performance and workshops will focus on the reverence of diverse identities in order to disseminate art experiences, provide entertainment and create conversation.
Applications are closed for 2018.
What is the Downtown Program Fund?
Is there an event or artistic installation you have been wanting to grow downtown? The Downtown Program Fund may be for you!
The Fund aims to activate downtown Eugene’s public spaces by expanding artistic and cultural programming. Funding in the range of $1,000 - $5,000 will be awarded to organizations or individuals who wish to produce their own quality programming during the summer of 2018 in and around the Park Blocks, Kesey Square and the Downtown Library Plaza. Funding can support any artistic or cultural discipline, including visual, dance, music, theater, film/video/media and multidisciplinary fields.
Why does the program exist?
Downtown Eugene has great potential to be the civic, commercial and social heart of the city. The City of Eugene is working toward this vision through improvements to downtown infrastructure, public safety, social services and events. Activation of downtown public spaces through programming is a key strategy to bring people and positive energy to the spaces. We seek to expand the breadth and quality of downtown activation by supporting additional programming by cultural and artistic partners.
- The Downtown Program Fund is open to all organizations and individuals engaged in creative and cultural arts media and disciplines that are headquartered/physically reside within Lane County.
- Proposed programming must take place between April 1 and September 30, 2018.
- Programs must take place in or around one of downtown Eugene’s outdoor public spaces of the Park Blocks, Kesey Square and/or the Library Plaza.
- Programs must be free and accessible to the public.
- Programs in the Park Blocks must work around the Saturday Market, Farmer’s Market (Saturdays and Tuesdays), the lunchtime street performance series and other scheduled programming.
- Applicants must provide a 1:1 cash match for the project for all City funds awarded (i.e. if the City awards you $1,000, you must also contribute at least $1,000 toward your project costs).
- Applicants must agree to include the City of Eugene Cultural Services logo on all visual marketing materials for the program, and/or the written name in program press releases or other written information.
- Upon completion of the program, applicants must complete a brief report and provide the City with 3-5 high-quality digital photographs of the program for use in future City promotions.
- Applicants may submit proposals for as many as two programs, in which case a complete and separate proposal for each project is required.
- A collaboration between multiple individuals or organizations.
- Occurring in the late afternoon or evening (4-10 p.m.)
- Occurring more than once during the summer.
Applications are closed for 2018.
- Read eligibility and timeline informationSubmission Guidelines and Event Information to learn more about the Downtown Program Fund.
- Fill out the Downtown Program Fund Application. We are taking applications now. Applications must be submitted by February 1, 2018 to be considered for summer. You may save your progress and return at a later date by making an account.
- Your application will be scored based on this selection criteria Opens a New Window. .
Applications must be submitted by February 1, 2018 to be considered for summer 2018 programming. Awards will be announced on March 1, 2018.