The Intergovernmental Relations (IGR) section is located in the City Manager’s Office.
The staff in Intergovernmental Relations:
- Lobbies on behalf of the City to the Oregon Legislature
- Coordinates preparation of legislative priorities
- Partners with other local governmental entities in developing and presenting in consensus the federal priorities of local governments in the Eugene/Springfield metropolitan area
- Coordinates City grant oversight
- Supports the Council Committee on Intergovernmental Relations
The Council’s Intergovernmental Relations Committee is established to consider and make recommendations on legislative issues. During the State of Oregon’s legislative session, this committee reviews bills introduced in the Legislature. The committee also serves as the council review point for grant funds prepared by the City, and works on developmental concepts for the federal and state legislative priorities.
City Council Members
The committee is composed of three members of the council who are appointed annually by the Mayor. Currently the members are:
Agendas and Minutes
The current agenda is available prior to the next meeting, and minutes are available following approval.
- Support for HB 3273 (drug take back) - March 20, 2019
- Support for SB 262 (extends sunset for property tax exemption for multiple-unit housing) - March 20, 2019
- Support for HB 3001 (establish statewide standards for Peer to Peer Car Rental programs)- March 20, 2019
- Support for HB 3167 (relating to Urban Search and Rescue)- March 19, 2019
- Testimony on HB 2001 (relating to land use) - March 18, 2019
- Support for SB 559 (expands authority to operate fixed photo radar systems in high crash corridors)- March 18, 2019
- Support for HB 2449 (continued safe operation of 911 network and all 911 centers in Oregon)- March 12, 2019
- Support for SB 558 (authorizes cities to designate a speed that is 5 MPH lower than statutory speed)- March 6, 201
- Support for HB 2423 (adoption of small home specialty code) - March 6, 2019
- Support for HB 2702 (allowing ODOT to delegate authority for setting speeds)- March 6, 2019
- Support for HB 2285 (relating to receivership)- Feb. 26, 2019
- Opposition to SB 10 (increased density along transit corridors) - Feb. 25, 2019
- Support for HB 2700 (extends sunset for property tax exemption for multiple-unit housing)- Feb. 25, 2019
- Support for SB 262 (extends sunset for property tax exemption for multiple-unit housing)- Feb. 25, 2019
- Support for HB 2020 (clean energy jobs) - Feb. 22, 2019
- Support for HB 2641 (provide state assistance to a successful business accelerator program in Eugene and Corvallis) - Feb. 20, 2019
- Support for HB 2173 - Feb. 11, 2019
- Support for HB 2184 - Feb. 11, 2019
Local Government Links
Lane Council of Governments - The Lane Council of Governments has hundreds of research documents available to the public on the wide range of subjects our program areas cover. The website contains links to several publications, including the Rivers to Ridges document, a document from which many of the federal priorities emanate.
State Government Links
Oregon State Legislature Home Page - Utilize the Oregon State Legislature home page for:
- Bill Number Search - This search will display all entries that make any reference to the specified bill number.
- Bill History - This search will display the history of the bill including hearing dates, when the vote took place and when the governor signed or vetoed it.
- Oregon State Legislature - Staff measure summaries, fiscal impact statements and revenue impact statements