The Intergovernmental Relations (IGR) section is located in the City Manager’s Office.
The staff in Intergovernmental Relations:
- Lobbies on behalf of the City to the Oregon Legislature
- Coordinates preparation of legislative priorities
- Partners with other local governmental entities in developing and presenting in consensus the federal priorities of local governments in the Eugene/Springfield metropolitan area
- Coordinates City grant oversight
- Supports the Council Committee on Intergovernmental Relations
The Council’s Intergovernmental Relations Committee is established to consider and make recommendations on legislative issues. During the State of Oregon’s legislative session, this committee reviews bills introduced in the Legislature. The committee also serves as the council review point for grant funds prepared by the City, and works on developmental concepts for the federal and state legislative priorities.
City Council Members
The committee is composed of three members of the council who are appointed annually by the Mayor. Currently the members are:
Agendas and Minutes
The current agenda is available prior to the next meeting, and minutes are available following approval.
Local Government Links
The Lane Council of Governments has hundreds of research documents available to the public on the wide range of subjects our program areas cover. The website contains links to several publications, including the Rivers to Ridges document, a document from which many of the federal priorities emanate.
State Government Links
Utilize the Oregon State Legislature home page for:
- Bill Number Search - This search will display all entries that make any reference to the specified bill number.
- Bill History - This search will display the history of the bill including hearing dates, when the vote took place and when the governor signed or vetoed it.
- Oregon State Legislature - Staff measure summaries, fiscal impact statements and revenue impact statements