Safety is everyone’s responsibility and the Fire Marshal’s Office may be able to assist in resolving hazardous conditions that are specifically in violation of the Fire Code. Examples of immediate fire code concerns include:
- Blocked or locked exits
- Nonfunctioning or malfunctioning sprinkler and alarm systems
- Blocked, cluttered and narrow aisles
- Gates, storage or obstructions to Fire Department vehicle access
- Electrical hazards
- To file a Fire Code complaint call 541-682-5411 or complete the Fire and Life Safety Complaint Form.
Other Code Issues
We are often called about concerns that are not regulated by the Fire Code. Though the Fire Marshal’s Office is limited to enforcement of the Fire Code, other City departments may be able to assist.
- For concerns involving rental housing and/or minimum habitability standards, contact the rental housing program at 541-682-8282.
- For concerns involving work without a permit, dangerous buildings or noise, please contact Building and Permit Service Code Enforcement at 541-682-5495.
- For concerns regarding home occupations, development standards, junk and debris, camping, lighting, animals and smoking standards, contact Land Use Enforcement at 541-682-5819.
- For concerns regarding parking, contact parking services.
- For Weeds and Vegetation complaints, contact Public Works at 541-682-4821.
- For concerns regarding outdoor burning, call LRAPA