Summary ReportPlaces for People began with public engagement to hear from people across the community about their experiences and ideas for the downtown public spaces. PPS has documented those conversations and survey responses in their report: Summary of Observations and Community Engagement.
You can download the file here (please note, at about 30MB, the file is large).
Download Summary of Observations and Community Engagement
Or flip through the document using the Issuu reader at the bottom of the page.
Placemaking Presentation by Fred Kent and Open House Thursday, October 13, 7:30 – 9:30 p.m. at Lane Community College Downtown Campus
- International expert Fred Kent, the founder and president of Project for Public Spaces, spoke about the value of memorable public spaces. Click here to watch the video.
Wednesday, October 12, 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. Hult Center Studio, 1 Eugene Center
Saturday, October 15, 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Atrium Lobby, 99 W. 10th Ave
- Workshop participants toured different downtown public spaces, assessed their current condition, and brainstormed short-term and long-term solutions.
- During October and November, more than 1,900 people took the online survey in either English or Spanish.
- Over 650 people have signed up to receive email updates about Places for People. If you'd like to be added to the list, email: email@example.com. Click on the links below to read past updates:
- Information about Places for People and project updates have been shared at the following public meetings:
City Council, October 17 Click here to watch the video (beginning at 45:15)
Human Rights Commission, September 20
Planning Commission, September 19
Pop-Up Placemaking Stations
- These stations around downtown and other parts of the city were opportunities for community members to learn about this project, and share what they like (or don't like) about downtown, when they go downtown, and what would bring them downtown more often.
Thursday, October 13
11:00 am - 1:00 pm Downtown Library, 100 W. 10th Ave.
2:00 – 4:00 pm Bi-Mart, 1680 W 18th Ave.
Friday, October 14
8:30 - 10:30 am Market of Choice, 2580 Willakenzie Rd.
5:30 – 8:00 pm Pueblo a Pueblo Festival at Petersen Barn, 870 Berntzen Rd.
Saturday, October 15
8:30 - 11:00 am Lane County Farmers Market, 8th Ave. and Oak St.
7:00 - 8:00 pm Hult Center Lobby, 1 Eugene Center
Wednesday, November 9
9:00 - 11:00 am Goodwill Thrift Store, 1010 Green Acres Rd.
10:00 am – 12:00 pm Erb Memorial Union, University of Oregon
Thursday, November 10
3:15 – 4:15 pm Churchill High School 1850 Bailey Hill Rd.
Friday, November 11
2:00 - 4:00 pm Erb Memorial Union, University of Oregon
Monday, November 14
1:00 - 3:00 pm Capella Market, 2489 Willamette St.
Tuesday, November 15
2:00 - 4:00 pm Grocery Outlet, 2060 River Rd.