What is Car Share?
Car share allows people to rent a car for short trips - like to the grocery store - and pay less money. Car share vehicles are available to reserve and rent 24 hours a day and can be rented by the hour or day. The rentals generally include fuel and insurance costs.
ZipCar in Eugene
Zipcar car share provides a flexible option for errands, appointments and more. Rent one for grocery shopping or longer trips to explore Oregon. Learn more about pricing and access here. To get started:
- Apply online with a valid driver's license. Most people are approved instantly and can book a trip within minutes.
- Book a round trip car by the hour or day. Use our app to unlock and lock during your trip. They'll also send you a Zipcard.
- When you're done, park the car in the same location you picked it up from, then end the trip with the app.
When you reserve, choose one of the five cars parked near the University of Oregon campus.
- 13th & Olive Apt (11th Avenue and Willamette Street) – 2 Cars
- Campus Court (East 15th Alley and Alder Street) – 1 Car
- Hub on Campus (800 Alder Street) – 2 Cars
- Stoneridge (East 19th Avenue and Harris Street) – 1 Car
- Woodside Manor (1810 Harris Street) – 1 Car
University of Oregon ZipCar Access
UO students, faculty, and staff have access to a reduced cost membership when they sign up using their University of Oregon email and can access all Zipcar locations in Eugene, not just those on campus. Gas, insurance, and the first 180 miles are included in the rental fee. Find more information and sign up for a membership on the Zipcar website.