Climate Recovery Resources and Information
- Equity Panel Recommendations (English) - The work of the CAP2.0 Equity Panel, this document describes a vision for an Equity Lens and over 40 recommendations for local policy makers.
- Equity Panel Recommendations (Spanish)
- Equity Panel Case Study - A case study describing how the CAP2.0 Equity Panel was developed, how it was organized, lessons learned, and suggestions for improvements.
- 2011 Eugene Climate Change and Consumption Survey - The survey results from a study that provided the groundwork for the Climate Recovery Ordinance.
- 2014 Climate Recovery Ordinance
- 2015 Climate Recovery Progress Report - An update on the progress made towards the original 2014 CRO goals.
- 2016 Climate Recovery Ordinance update Opens a New Window. - The latest version of the CRO. This document provides the goals set forth by the City.
Community Climate Action
- 2007 Community GHG Emissions Inventory Opens a New Window. - Eugene's first GHG emissions inventory.
- 2010 Community Climate and Energy Action Plan (CEAP) - The first plan created for the community.
- 2011 CEAP Progress Report Opens a New Window. - This document provides a first year update of the CEAP.
- 2012 Climate Communications Report - A document provided by local agency Bell + Funk that provides insight into environmentally friendly behaviors in Eugene
- 2013 CEAP Progress Report Opens a New Window. - This document provides a three-year update on thee CEAP.
- 2013 Consumption Based-Emissions Inventory-Methodology Opens a New Window. - The City of Eugene's first consumption-based emissions inventory. This methodology includes not only local emissions but also "upstream" imported emissions.
- 2015 Community GHG Inventory Opens a New Window. - An inventory that includes local emissions.
- 2015 MWMC GHG Inventory - This document outlines the first GHG inventory for the Metropolitan Wastewater Management Commission.
- A Resolution Supporting a Carbon Pricing Policy for the State of Oregon - Passed in 2015 this resolution calls for a carbon pricing policy in Oregon similar to the failed HB2020(2019).
- Declaration on Human Rights and Climate Change Opens a New Window. – Officially endorsed by the Eugene City Council on February 12, 2018. See the Joint Letter of Support from the Eugene Human Rights Commission and Eugene Sustainability Commission Opens a New Window. .
- Future Physical Conditions White Paper - This white paper provides a forecast of the impact of climate change in Eugene including warmer temperatures, reduced snowpack, and increased population.
- 2017 Community GHG Inventory Opens a New Window. - The 2017 updated inventory on locally produced GHG emissions. This inventory will be used for Eugene's upcoming Consumption-based (imported) GHG inventory.
- Opens a New Window. Fossil Fuel and Greenhouse Gas Reduction Forecast - This document was produced as part of the Climate Action Plan 2.0. process. It evaluates the plans and commitments of the Eugene Climate Collaborative and estimates how closely the Community will be to reaching the CRO goals. The document discusses the "Gap" between the forecast and the goals and suggests strategies for closing that gap.
- Recommendations for Add. Eugene Climate Actions to Meet Eugene’s CRO Targets & Goals (Gap Analysis) - An analysis of how the City could act to close the gap between the Forecast Memo (above) and the CRO goals
- EV Strategy - The EV strategy describes a partnership between the City of Eugene and other community partners as the community prepares for - and incentivizes - the transition from fossil fuel vehicles to electric vehicles. Opens a New Window.
Internal Climate Action
These documents describe the actions taken within the City of Eugene operations. They focus on local emissions primarily from fleet and facilities.
- 2000 and 2005 Internal GHG Emissions Inventory Opens a New Window.
- Opens a New Window. 2009 Internal Climate Action Plan (ICAP) Opens a New Window.
- 2010 Internal GHG Emissions Inventory Opens a New Window.
- 2013 Internal GHG Emissions Inventory
- 2014 Regional Climate and Hazards Vulnerability Assessment - This document supports the Eugene-Springfield Multi-Jurisdictional Natural Hazards Mitigation Plan.
- 2016 Internal GHG Emissions Inventory Opens a New Window.
- 2017 Facilities Greenhouse Gas Reduction Analysis Opens a New Window. - this document provides three options for reducing emissions associated with City of Eugene-owned facilities.
- 2018 Fleet Division and Fire Department Internal Climate Action Plan Opens a New Window. - this document provides a plan for reducing emissions associated with City of Eugene-owned fleet and the Eugene-Springfield fire department operations. Opens a New Window.
- 2017 Internal GHG Emissions Inventory - the most recent City of Eugene internal operations ghg inventory. Opens a New Window. Opens a New Win
City Council Sessions Related to Climate Recovery
- Climate and Energy Discussion Joint Meeting with EWEB Opens a New Window. (February 11, 2019)
- Regulation of Natural Gas and Climate Action Plan 2.0 Update and Gap Strategy Opens a New Window. (January 30, 2019)
- Single-Use Containers and Utensils and Home Energy Score Opens a New Window. (January 16, 2019)
- Eugene Recycling Program Opens a New Window. (November 28, 2018)
- Sustainability Commission Work Plan Opens a New Window. (November 19, 2018)
- Northwest Natural Gas Franchise Work Session Opens a New Window. (November 14, 2018)
- Climate Recovery Ordinance Update (April 25, 2018 presentation)
- Climate Recovery Ordinance Update Opens a New Window. (November 22, 2017 presentation)
- Climate Recovery Update: Internal Operations (May 18, 2016)
- Introduction to a Science-Based Greenhouse Gas Target (February 10, 2016)
- Introduction to a 350 ppm Greenhouse Gas Target (December 16, 2015)
- Climate Recovery Targets and Benchmarks (November 23, 2015)
- Climate Recovery Proposal (February 23, 2015)