The EUG Parade 2020
Eugene’s Human-Powered Parade
Going Virtual September 20!
The 2020 EUG Parade/Pet Promenade is going virtual—all the fun and silliness of our beloved EUG Parade while keeping each other safe and healthy. Mark your calendar for Sunday, September 20, when we’ll Parade in Place and you’ll be able to watch from home.
Since 2017, The EUG Parade has partnered with the City of Eugene’s Sunday Streets program. Due to statewide physical distancing guidelines, Sunday Streets will not take place this year, but the Parade is BOUNCING FORWARD online as we all look forward to 2021 when we can celebrate in-person once again.
How Do I Participate?
All parade enthusiasts are encouraged to come up with their most colorful, fun, and quirky take on this year’s theme: BOUNCE FORWARD!
Enter as an organization, a family (including companion animals), a business, a school, or other community group. Please review the Submission Guidelines below for important details on uploading and file format(s).
Upload your EUG Parade virtual entry (video and/or photographs) online using the Submission Form. After completing the form, you’ll be provided with the Upload Link. The upload deadline is Thursday, September 10, at 11:59 p.m. There is no fee to submit an entry.
The EUG Parade Committee will provide LOTS of online inspiration to help you create an entry, from ideas for costumes and decorations. Be sure to check out EUG Parade on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube for entry ideas and participation details.
Where Can I Watch the Parade?
The 2020 EUG Parade in Place will be available online on our YouTube channel on Sunday, September 20, for your virtual participation and enjoyment, and will be shown on Community Television of Lane County, CATV Channel 29. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What we’re looking for
Fun, colorful entries incorporating the theme BOUNCE FORWARD submitted as videos or photographs. Your entry might be a silly walk in your neighborhood with parade hats and masks, decorating your front porch for a neighborhood drive-by, or physically distanced dancing, hula hooping, or other small group activity. Use costumes (including on your animal companions), masks (if we’re going to wear them, they might as well be fun, right?), props, and action (marching, pogo-sticking, etc.)
Guidelines for video and photo entries
- Videos must be under three minutes. Shorter videos are welcome and encouraged.
- Shoot videos horizontally and save in MP4 format.
- Full quality cell phone video footage is acceptable.
- Make your submission as polished as possible. Think about light (day is better than night, but avoid standing in shadows), sound (avoid locations with lots of traffic), and stability (a tripod is best).
- Don’t use copyrighted music. We won’t be able to use your submission.
- If you upload your content on YouTube or Vimeo, email the link to email@example.com (we would prefer original footage when possible).
- If your entry includes movement (walking, marching, or bouncing) please have everyone involved move from left to right. When we edit your videos together it will look like the parade is moving in the same direction.
- If you have original music or other audio that you want to play over your entry, upload the file(s) in .mp3 or .wav format.
- Photographs must be saved in .jpg format at the highest resolution possible (300 dpi for a 4x6 image, for example). Photos are limited to no more than five.
- Make sure any files uploaded contain the same title/name as your Entry Name on the Submission Form.
The EUG Parade is not obligated to use any submission and has the final say on which entries to include in the final video production. We may not be able to use your submission for a number of reasons, including content and quality of video/audio or photography.
Physical Distancing and Wearing a Mask
Because we want everyone to be safe and healthy, please don’t gather in large groups and please do practice physical distancing and wearing a mask. Wash your hands regularly. Anyone feeling ill should not participate.