Reserve a Park
Eugene’s unique and scenic parks offer the perfect setting for your next event.
In order to reserve an area in a City park you must obtain a General Use or Special Use Permit from Parks and Open Space.
For most events, parks can be reserved only in the current calendar year with regular registration beginning on the first business day of the calendar year. For events that have been held at the same place and on the same date or weekend for three consecutive years, reservations are taken in December of the year prior to the event.
Fill out a Park Rental Inquiry Form to begin the process. This form gives Parks and Open Space staff information to determine if the requested park(s) or areas are available and suitable for an event. The information also allows staff to determine if an event requires a Special Use Permit or General Use Permit.
Please be sure to build in enough time for set up and take down in your inquiry. You cannot set up or take down your event outside of your rental time.
After staff have reviewed the inquiry they will contact you about your preferred parks' availability and provide a General Use Permit or Special Use Permit application to submit with fees to confirm your reservation.
For a General Use Permit, submit your application at least 14 business days prior to a proposed event. For a Special Use Permit, submit your application at least 60 days prior to the proposed event. Please allow 4-6 months prior to the event if your event requires a significant amount of planning and permitting. Staff may not approve inquiries outside of these time frames.
Depending on the scope of the event, Parks and Open Space may request a meeting with an event organizer before approving a reservation. Parks staff will communicate to event organizers what documents, additional permits, and insurance are necessary to obtain the General or Special Use Permit.
Event organizers may be asked to provide a plan that outlines their setup and take down plan, sanitation, plans to address traffic, parking, emergency management and medical response, and event security.
- What is the difference between a General Use Permit and Special Use Permit?
- What are the fees for a renting a shelter or open space in a City park?
- Can I reserve an entire City park?
- Which City parks have access to electricity or water?
- What should I know if I want to set up canopies, tents, stages, inflatables, fencing, portable restrooms, or other equipment?
- What are the additional permits that may be required to obtain?
- When will I receive my General or Special Use permit?
- What if I want to use amplified sound at my event?
- What if I want to serve or sell alcohol at my event?
- How can I participate as a vendor at an event?
- Can I have fire a at my event?