Parks and Open Space
Effective July 15, face coverings are required in outdoor public spaces when physical distancing is not possible. Effective July 24, this requirement includes children age 5 and up.
This includes trails, busy playgrounds and crowded parking lots.
|Parks, paths and trails||Open|
Limit contact among players as much as possible. Disinfect shared equipment regularly.
|Dog off-leash areas||Open|
|Park rental permits||Partial||We are taking permit applications for groups of 50 or less.|
|Picnic sites and shelters||Partial||6 person maximum, with a two-household limit.|
|Playgrounds and play areas||Open||Playgrounds will not be sanitized. Please read recommendations for park users below.|
|Tennis/pickleball courts||Open||Singles play only, doubles with members of household. Don’t share tennis balls.|
|Volunteer Program Events||Partial||Regular weekly and monthly events have resumed with enhanced safety protocols. RSVPs are required.|
|Parks and Open Space Office||Closed||In-person lobby services have been suspended. Please call 541-682-4800 for assistance between 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. M-F|
Playground equipment will not be sanitized by Parks staff. We recommend park visitors follow the guidance below:
- Face coverings are required for everyone over the age of 5 years old if 6 feet of physical distance cannot be maintained.
- Wash hands before and after visiting a playground.
- Maintain physical distancing of at least 6 feet.
- Bring hand sanitizer and/or sanitizing wipes for personal use on any surfaces touched.
- Stay home if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or may have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
Sand play areas remain closed.