Structural Mitigation Measures

New Construction Standards

New construction is required to meet current building and land use codes which includes standards for development within the Special Flood Hazard Area. If your home or building was built prior to the City of Eugene adopting a floodplain ordinance the following information are possible mitigation strategies. Please note that implementing any of the structural or plumbing projects below will likely require a permit from the Permit & Information Center. You can call 541-682-5505 to determine whether any proposed project requires a permit.

The included materials below are from FEMA and do not include any pertinent State Building Code information. Building and Permit Services can provide more information about permits.