- All financial transaction-related electronic commerce data collected, deemed sensitive in nature, will be treated as confidential. This includes, but is not limited to, social security number, drivers license number, credit card information, debit card information, bank account information, and residential telephone numbers.
- Networks or other devices storing, processing, transmitting, or handling confidential financial data will be secure.
- All media in any form containing financial transaction data deemed confidential will be protected from unauthorized use, disclosure, modification, damage, or loss.
- Backup media will be stored securely and destruction of such media will be conducted in a manner that recognizes the sensitivity and risks associated with confidential financial transaction data.
- Credit and debit card data collected by third-party electronic commerce providers on behalf of the City will be managed according to this policy. Contractual arrangements with such parties must adequately address the provisions of this policy.
- All new or additional methods of electronic commerce will integrate with the City’s core financial accounting systems. Additional procedures will be developed by the Central Services Department to provide City personnel information on how to protect financial transaction related data.
- Departments will submit requests to the City’s Web Management Team for approval of any method of providing services via electronic commerce prior to implementation.
Exceptions to this policy will be handled on a case-by-case basis by the Web Management Team.
Please read the Website Liability Disclaimer that addresses other liability issues associated with the City of Eugene website.
City of Eugene Website Contact Information
Contact the City of Eugene’s Web Analyst:
- Phone: 541-682-5010
- In person:
125 East 8th Avenue, 2nd Floor
Eugene, Oregon 97401