Surgery and Vaccinations
Spay and neuter surgeries are done by appointment only. Surgeries are performed in the morning, Monday through Wednesday. To schedule an appointment, please call (541) 682-3643.
All female pets will receive a tattoo at the time of their spay surgery. This black tattoo is a small line that tells all future veterinarians and shelter staff that this pet has already been spayed. Many spay scars are small and become very faint or invisible over time especially if the surgery was done as a puppy or kitten. Tattooing at the time of spaying avoids the possibility of an animal having unnecessary exploratory surgery in the future.
Feral cats will have the left ear tipped (a small portion of ear tip removed) and the females will also be tattooed on the belly.
- We perform surgery on dogs and cats beginning at 16 weeks of age, through four years old.
- We require the cost of surgery be paid at the time of scheduling. This fee is non-refundable.
- There is an additional $15 charge for pregnant animals.
- Proof of your dog's rabies vaccination is required to schedule their surgery. This can be emailed to email@example.com.
- If emailed, please include the dog's name, owner's first and last name, and the phone number your account will be under.
- If we do not have proof of a current rabies vaccine by the day of of surgery, you will need to pay to have the vaccination updated while your pet is in our care.
- A rabies tag is not sufficient proof. We need to have a copy of the rabies certificate provided by the vet clinic who performed the vaccination.
The costs below are for a routine spay or neuter and include an Elizabethan collar (cone) and pain medication.
If your pets’ surgery is not routine, or is extended for any reason, there may be further charges to cover the longer anesthesia time and any extra supplies that are needed.
|2 - 25 pounds||$148||$138|
|26 - 50 pounds||$161||$153|
|51 - 75 pounds||$188||$168|
|76 - 85 pounds||$203||$181|
The City of Eugene Spay and Neuter Clinic is open for limited walk-up hours between the hours of 1:30-4:30 p.m., Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (no clinic Thurs/Fri) . Please note that we check in the last patient no later than 4:30p.m. If we have a large volume of patients already checked in, we may end check-in sooner.
We are now using a QR system to allow you to check in from your vehicle so you won’t need to wait in line. There are instructions on posts at each parking spot on how to check in on your cell phone.
Please practice social distancing.
Vaccinations may be done at the time of surgery or on a walk-up basis during our afternoon Wellness Clinic hours. No appointments available. Patients are seen in the order they are checked in.
We do not charge for the brief annual exam that is required with vaccinations.
|Distemper / Parvo (DA2PP)||$30|
|Bordetella, Oral (Kennel cough)||$30|
*not performed at the same time as any other injectable vaccinations
|Distemper / Upper Respiratory (FVRCP)||$30|
Payment is dues at the time of the service. The following forms of payment are accepted:
- Discover Card
- Personal check