Programs & Events
The City of Eugene’s Transportation Options Program works with community stakeholders and agency partners to plan, promote, and educate the community about active and sustainable modes of transportation.
Our Transportation Options Programs:
- Provide resources and education materials for all types of smart transportation
- Coordinate multiple transportation community events throughout the year
- Work neighborhoods, businesses and organizations to promote safe and responsible transportation habits
smarttrips is a unique program that provides a comprehensive approach to promote alternatives to driving alone. Each year a new neighborhood is selected for the program, and residents are provided informational literature, free prizes, fun events and organized programs. smarttrips provides a fun, interactive way for residents in the target neighborhood to reduce their drive-alone trips and increase the number of trips taken by:
- Carpooling or sharing rides
Our goal is to provide community members in the target neighborhood with the materials and tools they need to get around Eugene in a variety of ways. A wide range of transportation options allows people to save money, improve their health, and improve the health of their community. smarttrips hands-on and interactive programming is proven to increase biking, walking, public transit ridership, carpooling and car sharing.
Breakfast at the Bike Bridges is a monthly event brought to you by City of Eugene Transportation (May-September) that celebrates people walking, biking, and rolling! Leave your car at home, and stop by Breakfast at the Bike Bridges for coffee, bagels, and socializing. To view a full list of City of Eugene Transportation upcoming events, visit the City of Eugene events calendar.
- FREE breakfast of bagels and coffee
- FREE bike bells
- FREE bike safety checks
- Active transportation resources from City of Eugene Transportation- maps, info, bike lights, and more.